- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson 1942 Banner J-45 Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L74347 000001000 L74347000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The allure and legend of the J-45 lives on in the new Gibson Custom Historic 1942 Banner J-45. Inspired by the holy grail of vintage acoustic instrum...Click To Read More About This Product
This Gibson was inspired by the holy grail of vintage acoustic instruments.
The allure and legend of the J-45 lives on in the new Gibson Custom Historic 1942 Banner J-45. Inspired by the holy grail of vintage acoustic instruments, luthiers in Montana meticulously crafted a J-45 just like the most popular and celebrated version in structure and components. The new Gibson 1942 Banner J-45 includes a Thermally Aged Adirondack red spruce top hand-sprayed with a historic-style burst, hot hide glue top bracing for better tonal response and a bone nut and saddle.
- Thermally Aged red spruce top, mahogany back and sides
- V-shaped mahogany neck with compound dovetail neck-to-body joint, rosewood fretboard with mother-of-pearl dot inlays
- Strap open back tuning machines with cream buttons
- Thin finish nitrocellulose with VOS
A historic addition to your acoustic collection. Order today.
- Top wood: Thermally Aged red spruce
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing, red spruce braces with hide glue
- Body finish: Thin nitrocellulose finish with VOS
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Neck shape: V
- Nut width: 1.72"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Number of frets: 19
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Tuning machines: Strap open back, cream button
- Bridge: Rectangle, open slot
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Case: Included
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.