- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson 2016 SG Faded Series T Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product J26292
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 2016 SG Faded T is offered this year with powerful pickups and time-tested hardware. This is a guitar that any SG fan would love to own. It comes...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Rock-solid American made Legend.
The 2016 SG Faded T is offered this year with powerful pickups and time-tested hardware. This is a guitar that any SG fan would love to own. It comes in a choice of worn satin nitro finishes, all beautifully faded for a timeless look. The construction uses the same materials as its predecessor of 50 years ago with a solid mahogany body and set mahogany neck.
The neck marks the return to Gibson' traditional neck width that players prefer, using a self-lubricating Graph Tech nut for better sustain and improved intonation. The rosewood fingerboard is thicker than last year', offering a more solid playing feel, traditional tone and better sustain. Electronics feature Alnico-powered 490R (neck) and 490T (bridge) pickups that produce everything from warmth to sizzling leads.
Chrome hardware includes a tune-o-matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece, and traditional manual tuners that add a vintage note, but with performance that is smooth and efficient. The 2016 SG Faded Series T comes setup by factory experts and includes a padded gig bag.
The vintage tuner vibe with smooth, efficient performance
Retains the celebrated feel of the SG's lightning-fast neck
Density for solid sustain, self-lubrication for accurate return-to-pitch after bending - without string stick
The traditional, asymmetrical double-cutaway body and beveled edge define comfortable playing
Guard your guitar with padded protection
Subtle inlay elegance matches the guitar's essence
From purring warmth to sizzling leads, the Alnico-powered 490R (neck) and 490T (bridge) pickups deliver true tone
Traditional tone, solid playing feel, and more sustain than ever
Expert setup makes this handcrafted, American-made guitar ready for immediate action
Capture a vintage guitar's timeless look with the beautifully faded, hand-sprayed satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Tuners: Traditional tuners
- Neck width: Historic original 1-11/16" neck width
- Nut: Graph Tech nut
- Body: Carved from solid mahogany
- Carrying case: Padded gigbag
- Inlays: Dot fingerboard inlays
- Pickups: 490R and 490T humbuckers
- Fingerboard: Thicker one-piece rosewood fingerboard
- Setup: Comprehensive hand-finished setup
- Finish: Worn satin nitro finish
Get the Gibson you've been waiting for. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.