- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom 1959 Les Paul Reissue Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product 512976
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The only major change to the Les Paul Standard in 1959 was the addition of wider, fatter jumbo frets which facilitated more dramatic bends. The real ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Limited edition duplication of blues-rock LP Standard.
The only major change to the Les Paul Standard in 1959 was the addition of wider, fatter jumbo frets which facilitated more dramatic bends. The real force of this change was not felt until the late 1960s when rock and blues players like Eric Clapton, Mike Bloomfield, and Peter Green began to discover the fat, warm voice of the '59 Standard electric guitar. This moment in history marked the beginning of the idealization of the 1959 Les Paul Standard as the quintessential guitar in the minds of guitarists and collectors everywhere.
This Limited Edition features an exact duplication of the 1959 carved top, the neck pitch set to '59 specs, and a rare Lemonburst finish selection. You've got to see this finish to believe it. You can almost feel the California sun's warmth and the sand between your toes.
You get all the benefits of a new guitar, with all the mojo of a vintage. It doesn't get much better, but you'd better hurry if you want one of your own. This Les Paul guitar won't be around forever!
Using a combination of traditional hand craftsmanship and modern technology, the luthiers of the Custom Shop painstakingly reproduce the key elements that define cool, vintage instrument: stunning looks, flawless playability, and unsurpassed tone. Solid mahogany back, historically accurate long neck tenon for superior strength and sustain, period correct neck profiles, hardware and electronics, and 100% nitrocellulose lacquer are all part of this special Gibson Custom Shop guitar.
- Exact duplication of the 1959 carved top
- Limited Edition Lemonburst finish
- Elimination of the subtle gap on the pickguard and rhythm pickup
- Angle of neck pitch reset to 1959 specs
- The exact filler and stain as used in 1959
- The binding has been adjusted 50/1000 to duplicate the 1959 model
- Body and Hardware
- Carved figured maple top
- Solid, non-weight relieved mahogany back
- Single-ply cream binding on top
- Thin toggle switch washer and jack plate
- Aged nickel hardware
- ABR-1 bridge, lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece
- Neck and Headstock
- One-piece mahogany neck with long neck tenon
- 22-fret rosewood fingerboard Acrylic trapezoid inlays (accurate shape and color)
- Single-ply cream binding
- 1959 rounded neck profile
- 24-3/4 inch scale length
- 1-11/16" nut width
- Holly headstock veneer
- Vintage tulip tuners
- Electronics and Strings
- BurstBucker 1 (rhythm) and
- BurstBucker 2 (treble) pickups
- CTS pots and bumble bee capacitors
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls
- 3-way selector switch
- Vintage Reissue .010 strings
- Includes Custom Shop case, certificate of authenticity, and custom care kit.