- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom 1963 SG Special Reissue Lightning Bar VOS Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L76499 000001000 L76499000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Nothing says rock and roll like the right combination of simplicity and attitude. Maybe that’s why the ’63 Gibson SG Special was the axe of choice fo...Click To Read More About This Product
Lightning strikes with the ’63 SG Special Reissue.
Nothing says rock and roll like the right combination of simplicity and attitude. Maybe that’s why the ’63 Gibson SG Special was the axe of choice for so many classic rockers. A lightweight solid body, and fast mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard combined with a pair of punchy, warm P90 soapbar single-coil pickups for enough growl to back off a grizzly. This Gibson Custom Shop ’63 SG Special Reissue captures all the details, right down to the classic “Lightning Bar” compensated wraparound bridge. Includes deluxe hardshell case and Certificate of Authenticity.
Over the years, Guitar Center's Platinum Rooms have honed their reputation of having a selection of some of the world's most desirable and exclusive gear. The Platinum Guitar Collection features a carefully considered selection of stunning instruments from the world's top builders, whether from the custom shops of major industry powerhouses or from the coterie of top-flight small luthiers. Packed with limited-edition, special-run and one-off unique guitars, the Platinum Collection is your source for the world's finest acoustic and electric guitars and basses. Call today to make a connection to your dreams.
- Nitro-finished solid mahogany body
- 24.75”-scale mahogany neck, 22-fret Indian rosewood fingerboard
- Dual Custom P90 “Soapbar” single-coil pickups, 3-way switch
- Vintage-style “Lightning Bolt” compensated wraparound bridge, vintage-style Kluson tuners
Call your gear advisor for details on individual instruments.
- Body Type: Double Cutaway Solid Body
- Body wood: 1-piece Mahogany
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck shape: Vintage Medium C
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Vintage
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Material: Solid Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Vintage-style
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Nylon
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Proprietary Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Single Coil
- Control layout: Individual volume Individual tone
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Compensated Wraparound
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.