- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- Product L50614
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Considered by many the most legendary electric guitar ever made, the 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard has spent a good deal of the past 60 years in the ...Click To Read More About This Product
A painstaking recreation of an iconic guitar.
Considered by many the most legendary electric guitar ever made, the 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard has spent a good deal of the past 60 years in the spotlight in the hands of iconic rock and blues guitarists who celebrated it for its power and its versatility. Only 650 were made that year, and every one of them that still exists is a true treasure. For this 60th anniversary year, the Gibson Custom Shop has gone beyond merely paying tribute to the glorious original. Using a combination of modern technologies and precision measurements, they have recreated it, from exact laser-scanned dimensions down to precise duplication of the original plastics and finishes. It's the next best thing to having a time machine set for your local music store in 1959.
If you're interested in any of our custom shop, limited-run or other premium instruments, we encourage you to call and talk with one of our knowledgeable, well-trained staff for more detailed information about any specific guitar.
- Bound, VOS-finished 2-piece figured maple top on solid mahogany body
- 24.75"-scale mahogany neck with 22-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Dual Gibson Custom Alnico III CustomBuckers, 3-way switch
- ABR-1, no-wire tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, Kluson single-ring tuners
Own a legend. Order yours today.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Figured Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: VOS Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 1959 medium C
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: VOS Nitrocellulose
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo Historic
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width/material 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: CustomBucker
- Bridge: CustomBucker
- Brand: Gibson Custom
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1 No-wire
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson Single-line, Single-ring
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Certificate of Authenticity, Anniversary switchplate
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.