- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom Explorer Custom Electric Guitars
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L71542 000001000 L71542000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Gibson Custom brings the classic black and gold look of the Les Paul Custom to this formally dressed Explorer. With bound body and headstock to add t...Click To Read More About This Product
Go formal with this Explorer Custom.
Gibson Custom brings the classic black and gold look of the Les Paul Custom to this formally dressed Explorer. With bound body and headstock to add the final touch of elegance, it's a look that draws second glances. Loaded with Gibson Custom 490R/498T humbuckers, it's got plenty of rock-and-roll attitude to make a statement.
Private Reserve Guitars by Musician's Friend are your gateway to some of the world's most exclusive, hand-built, custom and semi-custom instruments. This carefully curated collection of spectacular guitars and basses contains many extremely limited-edition and unique one-off instruments that you won't find anywhere else. The world's major custom shops are represented here, as well as many top-flight small builders and individual luthiers. Our PRG associates are specially trained to provide you with detailed information about any guitar in the collection, so you can be sure you're choosing the special instrument that's perfect for you. Call now, and have the instrument of your dreams in your hands as soon as tomorrow.
- Gloss-finished, bound mahogany body
- Mahogany neck, bound ebony fingerboard, bound headstock
- Gibson Custom 498T/490R humbuckers with gold covers, 3-way switch
- Gold finish tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, Grover Kidney tuners
Call your gear advisor for complete details on individual instruments.
- Body shape: Other
- Body type: Solid Body
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck shape: Medium C
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Vintage
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Vintage-style
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl Block
- Nut width/material: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Corian
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Control layout: Individual volume, Master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Individual saddle
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style Sealed
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right Handed
- Country of Origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.