Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1957 Les Paul Custom Reissue 2-Pickup Ultra Light Aged Electric Gutiar Ebonytrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Shop by Serial Number:
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1957 Les Paul Custom Reissue 2-Pickup Ultra Light Aged Electric Gutiar Ebony$7,499.00
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Solidbody electric guitar with mahogany and maple construction, rosewood fretboard and dual CustomBuckers.
Let’s Start With the FinishTom Murphy is a Master Artisan at Gibson and an industry leader in the art of aging guitars. His team applies an Ultra Light aging to this ’57 Les Paul Reissue. You’ll see lacquer checking, but very little playing wear. It appears to have spent the majority of its life in a case. The hardware displays a matching patina.
Classic ConstructionThe Custom Shop doesn't fool around when it comes to construction. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically recreated plastics, their attention to detail makes all the difference. You’d be hard pressed to tell the difference between this Les Paul Custom and one from the ’50s. The body is made from solid mahogany; the same wood is used for the chunky, medium C-shaped neck. The Indian rosewood fret board fits like a glove—the extra-rolled binding makes it feel like a worn-in Gibson.
Superior SoundsGibson CustomBuckers put holy grail tones into the ’57 Les Paul. Alnico III magnets supply just the right amount of pull for sweet and warm sounds to girthy growls. They’re wired with CTS 500k pots and paper-in-oil capacitors.
The Murphy Lab Gibson might be mandatory for Les Paul loversFinding an original 1957 Les Paul Custom takes luck, a large wallet and a long time; this Murphy Lab model gets you the same style and sound, and it’s available now at Musician’s Friend. It comes with a certificate of authenticity and an aged brown and pink Lifton reissue 5-latch hard case.
- Mahogany body with maple top for resonance and snap
- Mahogany neck with Chunky C-shaped profile for historic feel, rosewood fretboard
- Dual CustomBuckers for classic ’50s sounds
- ABR-1 bridge, stopbar tailpiece and Kluson Waffleback tuners for rock solid reliability
Get the feel and sound of '50s rock. Order the 1957 Les Paul Reissue today.
Murphy Lab 1957 Les Paul Custom Reissue 2-Pickup Ultra Light Aged Electric Gutiar Specifications:Body
- Body Type: Single Cutaway Solid Body
- Top wood: Mahogany
- Body wood: Solid Mahogany
- Neck shape: Chunky C
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Material: Solid Ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl
- Nut width/material: 1.687"/Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Locking
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.