Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1957 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Ultra Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Double Goldtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Shop by Serial Number:
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1957 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Ultra Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Double Gold
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, 2-Piece Maple Top, Mahogany Neck and Rosewood Fretboard, dual CustomBucker Pickups
Let’s Start With the FinishTom Murphy was instrumental in creating the Gibson Custom Shop; he's also a pioneer in the art of aging guitars. The ’57 Les Paul has an accurate Double Gold finish with a dark back that lets the mahogany grain come through. The Murphy Lab gives this an Ultra Heavy aging, equivalent to a half century of extreme wear and abuse. This means major buckle rash on the body, plus heavy arm and pick wear that exposes areas of raw wood. The hardware is dinged up, too, with a patina to match.
Classic ConstructionThe Custom Shop doesn't fool around when it comes to construction. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically recreated plastics, their attention to detail makes all the difference. In fact, it would be difficult to distinguish this Goldtop from an original ’57. The body is made from solid mahogany and has a 2-piece plain maple top. Your hands will feel at home on the mahogany neck—the extra-rolled binding on the rosewood fretboard makes it feel like a worn-in Gibson.
Pickups that shineGibson loaded the ’57 Les Paul Goldtop with a set of CustomBuckers. Alnico III magnets supply the warmth; leaving them unpotted adds clarity. A hand-wired harness with paper-in-oil capacitors and 500K CTS pots gives you more sonic space to explore.
This Goldtop Will Make You Go GagaFinding an original 1957 Gibson Goldtop takes time, luck and a large wallet. This Murphy Lab model gets you the same style and sound, and it’s available now at Musician’s Friend. It comes with a certificate of authenticity and an aged brown and pink Lifton reissue 5-latch hard case.
- Mahogany body with 2-piece maple top for resonance with snap
- Mahogany neck with Chunky C profile for historic feel, rosewood fretboard
- Dual CustomBuckers for classic ’50s sounds
- ABR-1 bridge, stopbar tailpiece and Kluson tuners for rock solid reliability
Discover the allure of a Goldtop. Order yours today.
Murphy Lab 1957 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Ultra Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body Type: Single Cutaway Solid Body
- Top wood: Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: Chunky-C
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width/material: 1.687"/Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.