Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1960 Les Paul Junior Double-Cut Reissue Ultra Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Ebonytrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Shop by Serial Number:
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1960 Les Paul Junior Double-Cut Reissue Ultra Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Ebony
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body and Neck, Rosewood Fretboard and Custom Dogear P90 Single Coil
Let’s start with the finishTom Murphy was instrumental in creating the Gibson Custom Shop; he's also a pioneer in the art of aging guitars. His team gave this Gibson an Ultra Heavy aged finish, equivalent to a half century of extreme wear and abuse. This means major buckle rash on the body, finish checking, plus heavy arm and pick wear that exposes areas of raw wood. The hardware is dinged up, too, with a patina to match.
The Les Paul Junior Double Cut has classic constructionThe body of the ’60 Junior is made from a single piece of solid mahogany. The neck is, too. It has a ’60s SlimTaper profile. Although there's a time and a place for a fatter ’50s shape, we think you'll enjoy the faster feel. Medium jumbo frets line the rosewood fretboard, which is rounded like a well-loved instrument.
A single P90 provides vintage growls to goGibson loads a single Dogear P90 in the bridge, where subtle variations in the volume and tone pots change its character instantly. From a gritty, muscular growl to a transparent top end, the ’60 Les Paul Junior lets you focus on the notes and the attack while bathing in truly vintage sounds.
If you’re jonesing for a Junior, get this GibsonThe Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1960 Les Paul Junior Double Cut offers no frills with lots of thrills—a simple instrument with complex sounds. It comes with a certificate of authenticity and an aged brown and pink Lifton reissue 5-latch hard case.
- 1-piece solid mahogany body for resonance and sustain
- Mahogany neck with SlimTaper profile for an authentic ’60s feel
- Custom Dogear P90 with vintage growl and a transparent top end
- Wraparound bridge/tailpiece and Kluson tuners to lock in the tone
If you’re jonesing for a Junior, get this Gibson.
Murphy Lab 1960 Les Paul Junior Double-Cut Reissue Ultra Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body Type: Double Cutaway Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Neck shape: Slim Taper
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Material: Indian rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.687"/Nylon
- Configuration: H
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Wraparound
- Tailpiece: Wraparound
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell case
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Country of Origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.