Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Tangerine Burst 001377true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Shop by Serial Number:
Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Tangerine Burst 001377
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The finest ’60 you'll ever find. Order this Gibson Murphy Lab guitar today.
Let's Start With the FinishTom Murphy was instrumental in creating the Gibson Custom Shop; he's also a pioneer in the art of aging guitars. This Custom Shop Les Paul gets a Heavy aging, equivalent to a half century of wear. You'll see lacquer checking and belt buckle rash, but only light arm and neck wear. The hardware is heavily aged to match.
Historically Authentic ConstructionThe Custom Shop doesn't fool around when it comes to construction. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically recreated plastics, their attention to detail makes all the difference. This mahogany body has a 2-piece figured maple top assembled with hot hide glue. The mahogany neck has less "meat" than a ’59 Les Paul—Gibson calls it a 1960 Slim Taper profile. Extra-rolled binding makes the rosewood fretboard as comfortable as a well-oiled baseball glove.
A Tone Like No OtherGibson loaded this guitar with a set of CustomBuckers. Alnico III magnets supply the warmth; leaving them unpotted adds clarity. A hand-wired harness with paper-in-oil capacitors and 500K CTS pots gives you more sonic space to explore. The "reflector" volume and tone knobs and wider "double ring" tuner tips match original specs.
If you want an absolutely authentic Les Paul, get this Gibson.The waiting list for a Murphy Lab guitar can take up to two years, so if vintage style and sounds are your game, grab this Gibson while you can. It comes with a certificate of authenticity, and a brown and pink reissue 5-latch hardshell case.
- Mahogany body for warmth and mid-range punch with a 2-piece maple top for snap and sustain
- Mahogany neck with Slim Taper profile and rosewood fretboard for the look and feel of the ’60s
- Dual alnico III CustomBuckers (unpotted) and hand-wired harness that provide all flavors of vintage PAF pickups Tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece and Kluson tuners for historically accurate, rock-solid stability
Order the 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue today.
Murphy Lab 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue Heavy Aged Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body Type: Single Cutaway Solid Body
- Top wood: 2-piece Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Neck shape: 1960s Slim Taper
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Material: Indian rosewood
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width/material: Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Control layout: Individual volume, Individual volume, Individual tone, Individual tone
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Kluson Single Line
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Country of Origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.