- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Custom Super 400 Thinline Hollowbody Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H81726 000001000 H81726000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Super 400 Thinline Hollowbody Electric Guitar is the thinline version of Gibson's flagship jazzbox. Its depth is reduced by one inch compared to ...Click To Read More About This Product
The flagship with a thinner body and luxurious appointments.
The Super 400 Thinline Hollowbody Electric Guitar is the thinline version of Gibson's flagship jazzbox. Its depth is reduced by one inch compared to the regular Super 400 and measures as follows: 18" (W) x 21-¾" (L) x 2-…œ" (D). The top is crafted from high-grade spruce, with high-grade maple used for the back and sides. The body is then adorned with multi-ply black and white binding on both the top and back, with single-ply white binding around the f-holes. The gold hardware includes an ABR-1 bridge with a base made from ebony, and Gibson's period-correct L-5 tailpiece. The 25-½" scale length neck is a five-piece neck made primarily from high-grade maple, with two streamers made from high-grade walnut, resulting in one of the most stunning neck designs in the history of Gibson Custom.
The eye-catching neck is topped by a 20-fret ebony fingerboard with pearl block inlays and multi-ply black and white binding, then hand-fitted with Gibson's traditional ES-rounded neck profile. The pickups are a pair of Gibson's legendary '57 Classics, which faithfully capture the unique and subtle variations between coil windings of the original "Patent Applied For" humbuckers of the late 1950s, delivering a warm and full tone with a balanced response. Other appointments include Gibson's traditional five-piece split diamond motif inlay on the headstock and Schaller M6 tuners. Comes with a Gibson Custom case and certificate of authenticity.
- Model Super 400-CES thinline
- Reduced body depth of one inch
- High-grade spruce, with high-grade maple used for the back and sides
- Multi-ply black and white binding on both the top and back
- Single-ply white binding around the f holes
- Gold hardware includes an ABR-1 bridge with a base made from ebony
- Gibson's period-correct L-5 tailpiece
- 25-½" scale length
- Five-piece neck made primarily from high-grade maple
- 20-fret ebony fingerboard with pearl block inlays and multi-ply black and white binding
- Gibson's legendary '57 Classics
- Five-piece split diamond motif inlay on the headstock
- Schaller M6 tuners
- Gibson Custom case
This is a work of art that you'll only put down to admire. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.