- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Explorer B-2 Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L54456 000001000 L54456000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The second of two radical designs Gibson presented in 1958 the Explorer has remained an object of yearning by players who want classic sounds and a d...Click To Read More About This Product
Explore your darker side with this stealthy black beauty.
The second of two radical designs Gibson presented in 1958 the Explorer has remained an object of yearning by players who want classic sounds and a distinctive look. The quest can end here, as this version stands with the best of them. Boasting an all mahogany body and neck, rosewood fingerboard and loaded with tone-packed Dirty Fingers + humbucking pickups, this stealthy, all-black Explorer is made to cater to the darker side of your playing, delivering a full blast of tone and power. It's a design that will always look modern, and always turn heads. Includes deluxe gig bag.
- Satin-finish solid mahogany body
- 24.75"-scale mahogany neck, 22-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Gibson Dirty Fingers + humbucker pair, 3-way switch
- Nashville tune-o-matic bridge, Grover Rotomatic "Kidney" tuners
Click or call to order your Explorer B-2 now.
- Body shape: Z
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: SlimTaper
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material 1.69 in. (43 mm) GraphTech
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Dirty Fingers +
- Bridge: Dirty Fingers +
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Control layout: Master volume, master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Grover Rotomatic
- Color: Black Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.