- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson J-35 Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product H94886
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Introduced in 1936, the J-35 was Gibson's answer to a call for a quality, handcrafted guitar with unrivaled tone and an incredible price. The 2013 J-...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The modern equivalent of Gibson's historically celebrated original round-shoulder flat-top.
Introduced in 1936, the J-35 was Gibson's answer to a call for a quality, handcrafted guitar with unrivaled tone and an incredible price. The 2013 J-35 is the modern equivalent of that original round-shoulder flat-top with Gibson's historically celebrated, full-bodied acoustic tone.
Reborn for the same reasons that brought the original to the market, the J-35 is handcrafted with solid tonewoods and all the acclaimed skill of Gibson Acoustic's luthiers of Bozeman, Montana. The spruce top and mahogany back and sides produce the warm, expressive tone sought after by renowned artists, acoustic connoisseurs, record producers and sound engineers.
The short-scale neck with dovetail neck-to-body joint, attached with traditional hot hide glue, provides for smooth tonal response and easy playing. An Antique Natural finish hand-sprayed with Gibson's signature nitrocellulose lacquer preserves the natural grain and lends a clean, modern look, while enhancing the guitar's resonance.
A unique fire stripe pickguard, multi-ply top binding and soundhole rosette, and a Gibson script and banner logo make it easy to distinguish the J-35 in the family of round-shoulder dreadnoughts. Equipped with an L.R. Baggs Element pickup, the J-35 is a go-to favorite for vocal accompaniment on stage or in the studio. Includes case.
- 100% American-made quality Gibson handcrafted construction throughout
- Solid mahogany for a warm-balanced tone
- Short scale neck for easy playing
- Mother-of-pearl dot inlay on fretboard and bridge
- L.R. Baggs Element pickup
- Includes case.
Get back to the future with this classic-looking and great-sounding dreadnought. Order today.
- Body Type: J-45 Series
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- Back and Sides: Solid Mahogany Back and Sides
- Binding: Multi-ply Top Binding, Single-Ply Back Binding, Traditional Rosette
- Bracing: Scalloped Top Bracing
- Species: Mahogany
- Profile: Round
- Thickness: 1.725" at Nut
- Truss Rod: Single Action
- Joint Compound: Dovetail
- Construction: Joint at 14th Fret
- Adhesive: Hide Glue
- Species: Rosewood
- Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 24-3/4"
- Radius: 12" Radius
- Fret Wire: Gibson Acoustic Standard Fret Wire
- Inlays: 1/4" mother-of-pearl dot
- Adhesive: Premium Titebond
- Material: Tusq
- Width: 1.725"
- Type: Traditional AJ
- Angle: 17 Degrees
- Inlay: Gold Script and Banner Gibson Decal
- Truss Rod Cover: Black
- Type: White Button Vintage Tuners
- Plating: Nickel
- Ratio: 15:1
- Type: Traditional Rectangle
- Material: Rosewood
- Pickguard: 40's Style Firestripe
- Strap Buttons: End Pin Jack
- Strings: .011" - .052" Gibson Light Guage
- Preamp: L.R. Baggs Element
- Sealer: Hand-Sprayed Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Antique: Natural
- Type: Gibson Standard Hardshell Case
- Case Exterior: Black Tolex
- Case Interior: Blue Fabric