- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson J-45 Standard Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L28131 000001000 L28131000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Gibson is well-known for a decorated past full of creativity, innovation and trend-setting body designs, like the J-45 Standard, aka "The Workhorse,"...Click To Read More About This Product
A modernized take on a Gibson classic with L.R. Baggs electronics and cool Vintage Sunburst finish.
Gibson is well-known for a decorated past full of creativity, innovation and trend-setting body designs, like the J-45 Standard, aka "The Workhorse," which has graced stages and studios since 1942, and is one of the most iconic round-shoulder dreadnoughts on the market. The Standard Series offers Gibson's most celebrated historical and newer models built in the modern era. From small-body to Super Jumbo body shapes, these time-honored guitars are full of expression, character and exquisite beauty. This J-45 Standard pairs a AAA solid Sitka spruce top and all-mahogany body with traditional hand-scalloped X bracing for with a warm timbre with extra low end, and exceptional volume. The Slim Taper mahogany neck makes for a familiar feel, especially for electric players making a transition and topped with rosewood. As another way of appealing to the modern player, the J-45 Standard acoustic-electric has been equipped with L.R. Baggs VTC electronics, giving you simple, accurate plugged-in play.
The J-45 Standard comes with a hardshell case.
- Sitka spruce top with mahogany body and traditional hand-scalloped X bracing
- Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard
- L.R. Baggs VTC pickup
- Vintage Sunburst finish
- Multi-ply top binding
- Single-ply black binding
- Traditional belly up bridge
- Mother-of-pearl dot inlays
- Compound dovetail neck-to-body joint
- Nickel-plated hardware
Put the reins on your very own Workhorse today. Order now.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Traditional Hand-Scalloped X
- Body finish: Gloss Natural
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: SlimTaper
- Nut width: 1.725" (43.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Undersaddle transducer
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Grover Rotomatics with kidney buttons
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle and nut: Black
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Gibson hardshell
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.