- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson Les Paul Special Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L54577 000001000 L54577000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A truly classic guitar, the Les Paul Special sprang from the Les Paul Junior design in 1955, taking the simply mahogany slab body design and adding a...Click To Read More About This Product
A guitar that's alway ready for its close-up.
A truly classic guitar, the Les Paul Special sprang from the Les Paul Junior design in 1955, taking the simply mahogany slab body design and adding a neck pickup and expanded controls, as well as the extra aesthetic touch of neck binding. The unique TV Yellow finish was created to look white under the unforgiving lights of early television, as a true white finish would overload the primitive camera lenses. The unique greenish-yellow hue has made fans of its own over the years, and graces this great-sounding guitar that's simply fun to play. The P-90 single-coil pickups are a truly archetypal tone for all varieties of American roots music, and match perfectly with the look and feel of the guitar.
- Nitro-finished solid mahogany body
- 24.75"-scale mahogany neck with 22-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Dual Gibson P-90 single-coil pickups, hand-wired controls
- Vintage-style compensated wraparound bridge/tailpiece, Deluxe "white-key" tuners
Click or call to order your iconic Les Paul Special in TV Yellow finish today.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: '50s Vintage
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material 1.69 in. (43 mm) GraphTech
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: P-90
- Bridge: P-90
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Vintage-style compensated wraparound
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage Deluxe white-key
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.