- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gold Tone GBG+ Baritone Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J25535 000001000 J25535000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The GBG+ baritone acoustic guitar, has a scale length of 29-1/16″ and tunes a fifth lower (ADGCEA) or sometimes a fourth lower (BEADF#B) than a stand...Click To Read More About This Product
Internal bracing structure provides great volume and pickup allows you to gain even more plugged in.
The GBG+ baritone acoustic guitar, has a scale length of 29-1/16″ and tunes a fifth lower (ADGCEA) or sometimes a fourth lower (BEADF#B) than a standard guitar. Numerous fingerstyle guitarists have used these styles of guitars on recordings as it is a superb accompaniment for players and singers wanting a lower range. It uses much heavier gauge strings to compensate for the lower tuning so that the string tension is similar to a standard dreadnaught acoustic guitar.
The GBG+’s internal bracing structure is specifically designed for excellent volume and projection. The top is select grade solid Sitka spruce and the mahogany back and sides were chosen for its deep bass response. The radiused ebony fingerboard is perfectly matched to a slightly larger ebony bridge with a genuine bone saddle. The slim line neck contour is only two millimeters thicker at the 12th fret than the 2nd fret allowing for incredible playability up the neck.
This guitar features a bolt-on neck design so that future neck adjustments can be done with ease. There are two bolts in the heel of the neck as well as two bolts attaching the fingerboard to the body, which differs from most bolt-on neck guitars that have glued-on fingerboards. No other baritones in this price range have this unique feature, which will assure low string action with the proper saddle height and break angle for exceptional tone for many years to come. The GBG+’s smooth cutaway allows easy access to high frets and includes a transducer pickup system for live amplification.
Includes hardshell case.
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Bridge: Ebony
- Back: Mahogany
- Sides: Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearl
- Body Binding: Rosewood
- Nut: Bone
- Strings: BEADF#B: .070w, .056w, .042w, .030w, .018, .014
- Pickup: Passive transducer included with Dean Markley Trilogy Pickup
- Scale: 29-1/16"
- Weight: 4.4 lb.
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Frets: 20
- Hardshell case included
Order the GBG+ today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.