- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Guild D-240E Flamed Mahogany Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L54852 000001000 L54852000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Part of the Westerly Collection, the D-240E Flamed Mahogany acoustic-electric guitar features the same full-bodied and powerful tone of the D-240E, b...Click To Read More About This Product
Gorgeous flamed mahogany back with incredibly balanced tone.
Part of the Westerly Collection, the D-240E Flamed Mahogany acoustic-electric guitar features the same full-bodied and powerful tone of the D-240E, but with exotic flamed mahogany back and sides and a solid spruce top for a meaty tone and dynamic response. The dreadnought shape provides guitarists with a classic acoustic sound and balanced voicing, and Guild’s historic archback design offers improved bass response and projection.
The D-240E Flamed mahogany also features Guild’s Fishman-designed AP-1 preamp system for easy control while amplifying your signal for use on stage or in the studio. Other features include an Pau Ferro fingerboard and bridge, bone nut and saddle, mother-of-pearl rosette, tortoiseshell pickguard and a satin polyurethane finish.
Case sold separately.
The Westerly Collection pays homage to an important period in Guild’s early history, when Guild outgrew the beloved Hoboken, New Jersey factory, and moved production to Westerly, Rhode Island in 1967. Finding a home in a former furniture manufacturing building, Guild took advantage of the additional space the new location had to offer, and improved upon the production layout left behind in Hoboken.
With a fresh start, highly skilled employees, and plenty of room to grow, Guild flourished. It was not long before the Westerly factory became renowned for exceptional craftsmanship, quality, and the introduction of many beloved Guild acoustics. The dedication to innovation was apparent, with meticulous attention to detail. Inspired by this golden era, the Guild Westerly Collection carries on the tradition of impeccable workmanship and unwavering excellence by incorporating high-quality materials and classic Guild designs into each instrument.
- Arched flame mahogany back
- ABS body binding
- Black/white ABS binding
- Pearloid/ABS rosette
- Ivory colored plastic bridge pins with black dots
- D'Addario EXP16 - Coated Phosphor bronze light strings (.012"-.053") strings
- Tortoiseshell pickguard
- Nickel strap button
- Dual action truss rod
Join the Guild with this robust-sounding dread. Order today.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Flame mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped X
- Body finish: Matte polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Slim C
- Nut width: 1.69" (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pao ferro
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Guild/Fishman
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Not specified
- Tuning machines: Guild Vintage-Style Open-Gear
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle and nut: Compensated bone/Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: 4 mm hex key
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.