- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Guild M-240E Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L57261 000001000 L57261000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Built with solid spruce top, mahogany sides and an arched mahogany back, the M-240E has a comfortable body and distinctive voice. Guild’s signature a...Click To Read More About This Product
Arched back design for increased volume and projection.
Built with solid spruce top, mahogany sides and an arched mahogany back, the M-240E has a comfortable body and distinctive voice. Guild’s signature arched back design allows for great volume and projection, long sustain and a lush, full sound. With a 24-3/4” scale length and 1-11/16″ nut width on a vintage-shaped Guild neck, this concert-size guitar is a joy to play. The M-240E features Guild’s AP-1 pickup, a bone nut and saddle, pearloid rosette, period-correct tortoiseshell pickguard and a matte polyurethane finish.
Case sold separately.
Guild's Westerly Collection
The Westerly Collection pays homage to an important period in Guild’s early history, when Guild outgrew the beloved Hoboken, New Jersey factory, and moved production to Westerly, Rhode Island in 1967. Finding a home in a former furniture manufacturing building, Guild took advantage of the additional space the new location had to offer, and improved upon the production layout left behind in Hoboken.
With a fresh start, highly skilled employees and plenty of room to grow, Guild flourished. It was not long before the Westerly factory became renowned for exceptional craftsmanship, quality and the introduction of many beloved Guild acoustics. The dedication to innovation was apparent, with meticulous attention to detail. Inspired by this golden era, the Guild Westerly Collection carries on the tradition of impeccable workmanship and unwavering excellence by incorporating high-quality materials and classic Guild designs into each instrument.
Guild began its legacy in 1953 by producing archtop electric guitars for the jazz market in New York City; these guitars were built with arched backs made from pressed laminate maple, a low-cost alternative to hand-carved maple backs typical in jazz guitar construction. As the company grew and began offering flat-top acoustics in 1954, the first models, such as the F-30, F-40 and F-50 shared this pressed laminate arched back construction, which became a Guild trademark. Other classic Guilds, like the D-25 and F-412, icons of the brand’s history to this day, represent this unique combination of acoustic flat top and arched back guitar construction.
In addition to its classic look and ergonomic comfort, an arched back design prevents the need for the added support of back braces, reducing weight while increasing projection and volume, contributing to the revered Guild sound for which these historic models are so well loved. We’ve paid homage to this classic Guild design trademark with a full line of affordable Archback models, available now from the Westerly Collection in sizes ranging from Concert to Jumbo.
- Pearloid dot inlays
- Ivory colored plastic bridge pins with black dot bridge pins
- D'Addario EXP16 - Coated Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge
- Nickel strap buttons
- White ABS body binding
- Black/white ABS top purfling
- Case sold separately
Click or call to order your own M-240E now.
- Body type: Concert/O
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped X
- Body finish: Matte polyurethane
- Neck shape: Slim C
- Nut width: 1.69" (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro or Rosewood (depending on production date)
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.34"
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Guild/Fishman
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 1-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Tuning machines: Guild Vintage-Style Open-Gear
- Bridge: Pau Ferro or Rosewood (depending on production date)
- Saddle and nut: Compensated bone/Bone
- Case: Case sold separately
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.