- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez AS83 Artcore Expressionist Series Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K64667 000001000 K64667000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
For a decade now, Ibanez has energized the hollow-body segment with a wide range of designs - from rockin’ hybrids to straight-up jazz-boxes. With th...Click To Read More About This Product
The Ibanez Artcore Expressionist AS83 - high-end looks and appointments at an intermediate price.
For a decade now, Ibanez has energized the hollow-body segment with a wide range of designs - from rockin’ hybrids to straight-up jazz-boxes. With the introduction of its new Expressionist line, Ibanez has begun yet another chapter in the story of its acclaimed Artstar series.
Built with tone woods selected for their beauty as well as their musicality, the Expressionist line covers the wide range of styles for which Ibanez hollow and semi-hollow bodies are known.
The semi-hollow AS83 features maple top, back, and sides, and handsome ivory binding on the body, headstock, and fingerboard. An expertly crafted 3pc Maple/ Mahogany set-in neck ensures body liveliness and is fitted with a rich Ebony fretboard with silky contrasting pearl block inlays. The tortoise shell colored pickguard provides an gorgeous appearance.
The Ibanez-original Quik Change III tailpiece enables fast and easy string changing.
Jazz fans will recognize the Ibanez original Super 58 Custom pickups - the preferred pickup of George Benson, Pat Metheny, and John Scofield used in their own signature models. These pickups provide warm, balanced articulation, and excellent response. Super 58's are at home in variety of genres.
- Maple top/back/sides
- 3-piece Mahogany/Maple set-in neck Bound Ebony fretboard, 22 medium frets
- 2 Ibanez Super 58 humbucking pickups
- ART-1 bridge, Quik Change III tailpiece, Sure Grip III control knobs, Gold Hardware
The Ibanez AS83 Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar is at home in jazz, rock or R&B. Order today.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple
- Body wood: Maple
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Neck wood: Mahogany/Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod:
- Neck finish: Info not available
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: medium
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Pearl block
- Nut width: 43 mm
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Super 58 Custom
- Bridge: Super 58 Custom
- Brand: Ibanez
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split:
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Not specified
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Japan
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.