- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez JEM77FP2 Steve Vai Signature Electric Guitar
- Product H64190
The JEM77FP Steve Vai Signature electric guitar is a spectacular instrument that features a contoured basswood body in a beautiful floral patterned f...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Described by Steve as "the guitar of my dreams."
The JEM77FP Steve Vai Signature electric guitar is a spectacular instrument that features a contoured basswood body in a beautiful floral patterned finish and a 5-piece maple and walnut bolt-on neck that provides easy access to all registers. A 24-fret rosewood fretboard is adorned with a colorful floral pattern vine inlays and has the high-speed JEM Prestige profile that gives Steve Vai the playability he needs. The JEM77FP sports chrome hardware and includes Steve's "Monkey Grip" handle cut on the body.
The JEM77FP is loaded with a DiMarzio Evolution DP158 humbucker in the neck position, a DiMarzio Evolution DPS1 single-coil in the middle position, and a DiMarzio Evo2 DP512 in the bridge position. This pickup combination features ceramic magnets and generates a wide sound variety of great tones needed for modern rock. The Evolution DP158 pickup was designed for Steve Vai and is fat, punchy, and loud. The DiMarzio Evolution DPS1 single-coil has a bright, clean tone. The DiMarzio Evo2 DP512 is tight, aggressive, and even louder. It produces a wide range of overtones. Ibanez's split-5 wiring provides incredible tonal versatility. Controls include a master volume and tone.
The acclaimed Edge tremolo features knife-edge-like pivot surfaces for virtually friction free operation. Locking studs contribute to tuning stability. The low-profile design of the Edge tremolo includes fine tuners conveniently angled back to prevent right hand touches. Ibanez's Lion's Claw tremolo cavity allows pitches to be radically raised or lowered.
Steve Vai has changed the way musicians think about what a guitar can really do. His signature Ibanez guitars are no different: iconic, sublime, awe-inspiring, outrageous. The Ibanez JEM Series models are trailblazers in a world of imitators - there's nothing like them. They have been proudly made in Japan since their debut in 1987.
Comes with an Ibanez flight case.
- Model: JEM77FP Steve Vai Signature
- Neck: 5-piece maple/walnut bolt-on
- Neck profile: JEM Prestige
- Body: basswood body
- Finish: FP2 iconic floral pattern
- Frets: 6105 frets
- Fingerboard: rosewood
- Inlay: Floral Pattern Vine inlays
- Bridge: Lo-Profile Edge tremolo
- Neck pickup: DiMarzio Evolution DP158 (humbucker)
- Middle pickup: DiMarzio Evolution DPS1 (single-coil)
- Bridge pickup: DiMarzio EVO2 (humbucker)
- Case: Ibanez flight case
- Position 1: bridge pickup (humbucking)Position 2: bridge split-coil (inside) and middle pickup (humbucking)Position 3: middle pickup (single-coil)
- Position 4: neck split-coil (inside) and middle single-coil pickup (humbucking)
- Position 5: neck pickup humbucking
- Scale length: 25.5", (648mm)Width at nut: 1.88", (48mm)
- Width at last fret: 2.89", (66mm)Thickness 1st fret: 0.74", (19mm)Thickness 12th fret: 0.82", (21mm)Radius: 16.92", (430mm)