- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez PWM10 Paul Waggoner Signature PWM Series Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J36537 000001000 J36537000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
As a founding member, songwriter, and lead guitarist of Between the Buried and Me, Paul Waggoner’s unique style is an integral part of the band’s pro...Click To Read More About This Product
With signature tone to dominate the sonic landscape.
As a founding member, songwriter, and lead guitarist of Between the Buried and Me, Paul Waggoner’s unique style is an integral part of the band’s progressive sound. Paul brings that creative spirit and innovative drive to everything he’s involved with, and his new Ibanez Signature model is no exception.
Waggoner’s input begins at the instrument’s very core with a thicker, beefed-up version of the Ibanez S body style. Made of select ash, the added girth of this altered shape improves sustain and resonates with a fatter, warmer tone, yet retains excellent articulation.
Complementing this body, Paul chose a 3-piece maple/bubinga Wizard III neck and jatoba fretboard with jumbo frets—each, highly detailed for an extraordinarily smooth, comfortable feel and maximized playing speed. Hardware includes the Ibanez Edge Zero II bridge for fluid, unobtrusive performance and superior tuning stability.
At the heart of the PWM10 is Paul’s signature “PW Hornet” pickups, designed in collaboration with Mojotone—a North Carolina, custom pickup builder known for their responsive, hand-made pickups. Waggoner’s goal was to achieve a heavy, balanced sound that could cut through any mix. In his words: “Something that’s nice and full, but also has that sparkle, is the kind of thing I’ve always loved.”
The result is the pairing of a bridge pickup that is aggressive, yet articulate, with a neck pickup that’s diametrically opposed in sound character: less abrasive, and “friendlier” sounding for clean rhythms and leads. Together, they produce a tone capable of dominating the sonic landscape, but are still able to “sing” without sounding abrasive.
The PWM10 ships tuned to C# and includes a quality gigbag.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Wizard III
- Neck wood: Maple/bubinga 3-piece
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Jatoba
- Radius: 16"
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: PW Hornet
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: PW Hornet
- Brand: Mojotone
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil tap
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Edge-Zero
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Versatile electronics
- Case: Gigbag
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Order this special signature model today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.