- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Manuel Rodriguez Manuel Rodriguez Cabellero 8S Solid top Classical Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product H81912
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Caballero 8 is a beginner guitar with all the playability and tone you would expect in a fine Spanish-style nylon-string acoustic guitar from Man...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A serious starter Spanish nylon-string guitar in 3 sizes.
The Caballero 8 is a beginner guitar with all the playability and tone you would expect in a fine Spanish-style nylon-string acoustic guitar from Manuel Rodriguez, including a solid spruce top, mahogany back & sides, a mahogany neck with a rosewood fingerboard, and a beautiful gloss finish. The Cabellero 8 is offered in three sizes - the Cab8 Cadete (3/4 size), Cab8 Senorita (7/8 size), and the full size Cab8S. All of these models confirm to the Spanish size standard
Aesthetic appointments include tortoiseshell body binding, Silver-plated tuning machines, and a wood rosette soundhole inlay. Rodriguez guitars are known for their high level of craftsmanship and purity of tone. You would be hard-pressed to find another Spanish acoustic guitar of comparable quality at this price.
Case sold separately.
- Available in 3 sizes
- Solid spruce top and mahogany body
- Traditional Spanish construction
- Mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard
- Case sold separately
Get started with a guitar that'll bring out the best in each player. Order today.
- Head Shape: Manuel Rodriguez style
- Head stock overlay: Walnut
- Machinehead: Silverplated, Manuel Style
- Head Binding: None
- Head Brand: Rodriguez
- Strings: D'Addario J46 EXP Strings
- Nut: Bone
- Nut width: 52mm
- Neck Joint Systems: Spanish Heel
- Neck Material: Mahogany laminated
- Scale: 650mm (25,6") for the full-size, 600m (23.6") for the Senorita (7/8 size), 559mm (22") for the Cadette (3/4 size)
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: Plane
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Position Markers: Yes
- Fret Size: Classic medium
- Number of frets: 19 Silverplated
- Body Shape: Classical
- Body Material / top: solid Canadian Cedar
- Body Material / Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Body Depth: 90mm
- Body Binding: Tourtoise color
- Soundhole inlay (center): Wood Color rosette
- Back center: NO
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle: Bone
- Headstock: Gloss finish
- Neck Back: Gloss finish
- Body Gloss: finish
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Decent Setup
- Fun to play
- Good sound
- Small Size
- Well Made
- Laminate back and sides
- Quiet More Intimate Play
- Smaller Players
Comments about Manuel Rodriguez Cabellero 8S Solid top Classical Guitar:
This is a beautiful 7/8 scale Spanish guitar. The small scale is comfortable rather than crowded - I'm an adult man and I found this guitar very easy playing. I imagine it would also appeal to smaller players who find full scale guitars a stretch.
The fit and finish was perfect and the guitar had no mechanical problems. The action is slightly high but not unusually so for a classical guitar. Some players may wish to adjust this.
The sound is very nice, as is typical for Rodriguez guitars. The solid spruce top helps; the back and sides, which are composite, do not. They're beautifully finished but they definitely have an impact on the sound, which is a little muffled and lacks the richness and purity of solid body guitars. Nonetheless, the "Senorita" sounds lovely, and is great for intimate, relatively quiet playing. It is, after all, a parlor-sized guitar.
This would make a great instrument for younger or smaller players, or a great change of pace for those who are used to standard sized classicals. Very nice.
- Was this a gift?: