- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin 000-42 Standard Auditorium Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L00105 000001000 L00105000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 000-42 Standard Auditorium Acoustic Guitar is a great example of the quality craftmanship that Martin is famous for creating over their 185-year ...Click To Read More About This Product
Hand-crafted with Plek-setup for solid performance from day one.
The 000-42 Standard Auditorium Acoustic Guitar is a great example of the quality craftmanship that Martin is famous for creating over their 185-year history. Prized for its combination of the finest tonewoods and construction techniques, the 000-42 Standard Auditorium Acoustic Guitar has all the tone and sustain that you have come to expect from a hand-crafted Martin guitar. The smaller auditorium body is well-balanced, while being versatile enough to cover just about any musical style. The hand-fit dovetail neck joint delivers a resonant tone with lots of sustain. A Sitka spruce top with scalloped X-bracing tunes the sound of the guitar to have just the right amount of bass, mid and treble. Adorned with a pearl top, pearl headplate and snowflake fingerboard inlays, the 000-42 Standard looks as beautiful as it sounds. This is an instrument that you’ll want to play for hours.
This 000-42 guitar is a player’s dream, with upgrades including a modified low-oval neck with Performing Artist neck taper and 1-3/4" nut. In final assembly, the instrument receives a computerized PLEK setup to dial-in the action for the best possible string performance for each instrument. The result is an instrument with the optimal sound and feel. You won’t want to put this one down.
Case sold saparately.
- Antique white binding
- Herringbone top inlay
- Aging toner
- Style-45 fingerboard inlay pattern
Join the Martin family by making this 2018 model yours.
- Body type: Auditorium/OOO
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: 5/16" scalloped X bracing
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern low oval/Performance Artist taper
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.9 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: East Indian rosewood
- Tuning machines: Gold open geared
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.