- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Build Your Own Guitar Kit
- Write a Review
- Product 419020
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
All the wood and hardware you need to build your own high-end acoustic guitar with a solid spruce top. Critical steps such as neck-joint machining, f...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Become a luthier and build your own guitar!
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
All the wood and hardware you need to build your own high-end acoustic guitar with a solid spruce top. Critical steps such as neck-joint machining, fretboard slotting, soundboard finishing, thickness sanding, and side shaping have been done for you by skilled luthiers. Included instructions will make YOU a skilled luthier as you assemble the body; install and trim the braces, back, soundboard, neck, and fretboard; rout, attach, and trim the purflings and bindings; and learn how much more there is to producing a fine instrument. Includes everything you need but glue, finishes, and tools. Choose the Dreadnought model with mahogany sides and back, rosewood fingerboard and bridge; or Auditorium, Dreadnought Herringbone, Dreadnought, or D.41 models with East Indian rosewood back and sides, and ebony fingerboard and bridge.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
Case sold separately
Everything you need to build your own quality guitar.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.