- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS Aged Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J53407 000001000 J53407000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This special D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS Aged Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is another amazing example of how Martin Guitars continues to draw inspiration ...Click To Read More About This Product
Highly limited run with special aging technology to give it vibe and feel of "golden era" model.
This special D-28 Authentic 1937 VTS Aged Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is another amazing example of how Martin Guitars continues to draw inspiration from their historic legacy. This limited edition features their newest innovative technology process, Aged, which "ages" a new guitar to replicate the appearance of a classic Martin vintage model.
Guitar aficionados and collectors worldwide covet vintage Martin guitars of the "golden era" of the 1930s, and Martin's Aged Series feature a limited run of 50 of these 1937 D-28 Authentics based on the visual hallmarks of a vintage Martin guitar, each one hand-aged with several new touches such as a thinner lacquer finish, Martin's Vintage Tone System (VTS), spruce Adirondack tops and unique Aged tuning machines.
Building on the success of Martin's Authentic Series, which utilizes the time honored construction techniques of pre-war Martin guitars, Martin’s Custom Shop team now replicates the look and feel of a well-loved vintage instrument. And, best of all, you don't have to pay $75,000 to $80,000 to get these modern, yet vintage sounding and looking guitars.
- Body type: D-14 Fret
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Back & sides: Madagascar Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Hand-scalloped X
- Body finish: Vintage Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Authentic 1937 Standard Taper
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Genuine Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Vintage Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Madagascar Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Limited run of 50 units, Finish gives aged appearance
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Be one of 50 owners across the world. Grab this majestic Martin today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.