- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin D-28 Bigsby Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- L26540 000001000 L26540000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
It's not often you partner with a rival guitar maker, but Martin and Gretsch have put "differences" aside to debut a second Merle Travis-inspired mod...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A Martin and Gretsch collaborative tribute to one of Nashville's greatest songwriters.
It's not often you partner with a rival guitar maker, but Martin and Gretsch have put "differences" aside to debut a second Merle Travis-inspired model that pays tribute to the Country Music Hall of Famer behind such songs as "Sixteen Tons" and the folk standard "Dark as a Dungeon," and the guitar he made famous in the late 1940s. Merle Travis is one of the most important guitar players of all time and is known for his unique playing style that is still known by guitarists today as “Travis Picking.” The D-28 Bigsby is built on the foundation of a newly reimagined D-28 (2017), and is crafted with East Indian rosewood. It features a maple high-performance taper neck fitted with the Bigsby headstock. The maple neck offers a unique tonal quality that adds sustain and brightness and pairs nicely with the warmth and depth of rosewood. The interior label is numbered and signed by Chris Martin IV and Fred Gretsch.
Case sold separately.
- Paper label signed by CFM IV and Fred Gretsch, numbered with no total
If you love the old school sound, your guitar has been found. Order now.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Striped ebony
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Forward shifted 5/16" non-scalloped
- Body finish: All-gloss nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Bigsby style with Performing Artist neck taper
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: Claro walnut
- Tuning machines: Nickel enclosed six in line
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.