- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin D-35 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #K86800 000003000 K86800000003000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Martin D-35 Standard Dreadnought Guitar gives you unsurpassed tone. Its solid Sitka spruce top produces a strong bass tone, ideal for rhythm play...Click To Read More About This Product
An iconic instrument reimagined for the modern player that's versatile enough for any genre.
The Martin D-35 Standard Dreadnought Guitar gives you unsurpassed tone. Its solid Sitka spruce top produces a strong bass tone, ideal for rhythm playing. To accentuate the treble, Martin uses lighter 1/4" top braces. The binding on its East Indian rosewood back and sides and its bound ebony fretboard add to the Martin D-35's distinctive appeal.
Vintage Tone Meets Modern Playability
The D-35 Standard dreadnought acoustic guitar has been refined to combine the best of the vintage 1930's appointments, with the playability of a modern guitar. Like the D-35 from the 1960s, the bracing is 1/4” in thickness, but the placement of the X brace has been forward-shifted to be located one inch from the soundhole. Now, the D-35 Standard has a very even bass, with just the right blend of the mid and high-end frequencies. The sound is everything you would expect from a fine-tuned Martin acoustic guitar.
Enhanced Feel of the D-35 Standard
Playability has been dramatically improved by changing the neck to a modified low oval, with a Performing Artist taper and 1-3/4” nut. The wider string spacing and comfortable neck profile allow a player to move up and down the neck with ease. And, unlike the more traditional feeling acoustic guitars of the past, newer D-35 Standard models will have familiar vintage tone with a playing feel that will be more similar to that of an electric guitar.
Other Appointments on the Martin D-35 Standard
Along with an amazing sound and feel, this Martin D-35 Standard Dreadnought acoustic guitar features a solid Sitka spruce top, solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, ebony bridge and fingerboard, hand-fit dovetail neck joint, nitrocellulose lacquer, mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlay pattern, antique white binding, aging toner, and a bone nut and saddle.
The Martin D-35 Standard Dreadnought comes with a fitted hardshell case.
- White binding
- Chose Aged Toner, Ambertone, or Sunburst finish
- Style 28 Multi-stripe rosette
- White plastic bridge pins with black dots
- Multi-stripe back inlay
- Multi-stripe side inlay
- Mother-of-pearl fingerboard inlays
Grab this enhanced classic today. Order now.
- Body type: D-14 Fret
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: 1/4" non-scalloped Sitka spruce X-bracing
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Low Profile
- Nut width: 1.69" (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Select hardwood
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: East Indian rosewood
- Tuning machines: Gold open-gear
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Compensated Bone/Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.