Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Martin D-45 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Aged Tonertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
An iconic model redefined with modern refinements.
Golden Era Tone
The sound engine of the “pre-war” vintage Martin D-45s was the forward-shifted, scalloped X bracing pattern. Found on Martin’s dreadnought guitars from 1931 to 1939, these dreadnought acoustic guitars are arguably the most prized, sought-after guitars in the world. Martin dreadnoughts, such as the D-18, D-28, and D-45 had a forwarded-shifted, scalloped X-bracing pattern. This “Golden Era” bracing pattern gave the Martin dreadnought guitars a unique and identifiable tone. Highly valued for the clarity on the high end, and a punchy, defined bass, musicians and collectors soon realized that these instruments were unique and extremely collectible. No other acoustic guitar had the Martin tone, and as a result everyone wanted one. Nowadays, the Martin “Pre-War” D-45 is considered to be the “Stradivarius” of the acoustic guitar.
Vintage Tone Meets Modern Playability
Today, you can get that vintage tone of the 1930s combined with the playability of a modern guitar. Martin has returned to the vintage forward-shifted scalloped X- bracing pattern with this D-45 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar, giving you the chance to enjoy one of the most treasured sounds in acoustic guitars without having to hunt high and low, and pay through the nose, for one of the original models. To accompany the improved sound, the playability has been dramatically improved.
The D-45 Standard Dreadnought's neck has been changed to feature a modern, modified low-oval neck, with a Performing Artist taper and 1-3/4” nut. The wider string spacing and comfortable neck profile allow you to move up and down the neck with ease. The D-45 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic has been “reimagined” to sound vintage and to play effortlessly.
Along with an amazing sound and feel, Martin's D-45 Standard features a solid premium spruce top, premium solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, 45-style pearl inlay, hexagon fingerboard inlays, ebony bridge and fingerboard, hand-fit dovetail neck joint, Nitrocellulose lacquer, antique white binding, aging toner and bone nut and saddle.
Includes a hardshell case.
- Wide string spacing
- 45-style pearl inlay
- Hexagon fingerboard inlays
- Hand-fit dovetail neck joint
- Antique white binding
- Aging toner
Get this hot take on an old classic with a quick click or call today.
D-45 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: 5/6" forward-shifted, scalloped X bracing
- Body finish: All-gloss nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern low oval/Performance Artist taper
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solidmahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: East Indian rosewood
- Tuning machines: Gold open-gear tuning machines
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.