- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin DCPA1 Sunburst Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product H67915
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Martin DCPA1 Dreadnought is an acoustic/electric guitar that provides flexibility and professionalism for guitarists, from small coffee houses to...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A modern dreadnought with state-of-the-art electric capabilities.
The Martin DCPA1 Dreadnought is an acoustic/electric guitar that provides flexibility and professionalism for guitarists, from small coffee houses to large arenas to simply recording with your laptop or in a professional studio.
This dreadnought combines Martin's legendary tone and styling, while adding player comfort and on-stage performance capability. The DCPA1 has an aesthetic blend of contemporary and traditional features. Additionally, it's equipped with Fishman's newly designed onboard sound reinforcement system, the F1 Aura.
The DCPA1 offers the powerful and resonant Martin Dreadnought tone. It has solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, a solid Sitka spruce soundboard with hybrid scalloped bracing, a genuine ebony headplate, fingerboard and bridge, and a patented mortise and tenon neck joint.
This Performing Artist Series model features many firsts for the company, including a more parallel neck profile with a slimmer taper at the 12th fret, giving the guitar comfortable width in the first few frets plus a faster feel for lead-work as you move up the neck. The new smaller bridge design reduces mass and increases the soundboard's tonal response.
Striking new aesthetic features include a pearl Martin block-style logo inlaid into the ebony headplate. New fingerboard inlays use traditional squares in colorful blue paua, flanked by arrow designs adding to the guitar's sleek modern style. A newly-designed two ring rosette borders the soundhole with a stunning combination of blue paua and wood fiber inlays. Finely polished gloss lacquer highlights the body's beauty, while a durable satin finish on the guitar's neck adds to the quicker feel and player's comfort.
The new Fishman® F1 Aura® features the stunning realism of award-winning Aura Acoustic Imaging technology in a distinctive and easy to use onboard preamp system. State-of-the-art features include: digital chromatic tuner, volume and blend controls, independent 3-band EQ for both pickup and image signals, compressor, phase control and an automatic anti-feedback filter with up to 3 notches. The heart of the F1 Aura is its ability to replicate the sound of nine different world-class studio microphones. Fishman engineers have carefully captured images of the sound that these high-quality microphones "hear" and allow you to blend it in with the legendary Gold Plus under saddle pickup. The preamp design utilizes low-noise components, 32-bit internal processing and 24-bit audio conversion for an incredibly clean and quiet output.
A Limited Lifetime Warranty covers all "Performing Artist Series" models purchased from authorized Martin dealers in the U.S. and Canada. To protect your investment, this Martin guitar includes a brown hardshell case.
- Dreadnought blend of contemporary and traditional features
- Fishman F1 Aura preamp with replications of nine studio mics
- Model: Dcpa1
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret Cutaway
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Two Ring - Pearl
- Top Bracing Pattern: Hybrid ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Solid Ovangkol
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: Solid Ovangkol
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Fiber
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: None
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid
- Headplate: Solid Black Ebony
- Heelcap: Solid Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12Th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Arrows & Squares
- Fingerboard Binding: Solid Ovangkol
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Performing Artist Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Gold Enclosed W/ Large Buttons Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (Msp4100)
- Bridge & End Pins: Bone W/ Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Dreadnought Style - Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 345Pa Hardshell - Brown
- Interior Label: None
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura