Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT(12/2 only) 6 AM - 7 PM PT
SUN(12/3 only) 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Martin HD-28 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Amber Bursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: Amber Burst
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Vintage Martin tone meets modern playability.
Today, you can get that vintage tone of the 1930s combined with the playability of a modern guitar in the HD-28 Standard Dreadnought, with its vintage forward-shifted scalloped X-bracing pattern. For improved comfort, the neck has been changed to a modified low oval shape, with a Performing Artist taper and 1-3/4" nut. The wider string spacing and comfortable neck profile allow a player to move up and down the neck with ease. And unlike the more traditional acoustic guitars of the past, this HD-28 Standard Dreadnought acoustic guitar will have that vintage tone, with a feel that will be similar to that of an electric guitar.
The very first dreadnought guitars were designed and crafted by C. F. Martin & Co. in 1916, but marketed in Boston and New York exclusively under the Oliver Ditson brand. Originally made for Hawaiian slide playing style, the very first dreadnought made was a Model 222 shipped to Ditson in August of 1916. After Ditson went out of business in the early 1930s, Martin introduced the D-1 and D-2 dreadnoughts for standard playing style. The design evolved to Martin’s iconic D-18 and D-28 models, and later the HD-28. Over the past 100 years, the Martin dreadnought has helped define what an acoustic guitar can and should be, and subsequently, it has become one of the most popular acoustic guitar designs in the world.
Martin’s Golden Era of dreadnought guitars is prized for their rich tone, color, and expressiveness. One main reason is the bracing pattern you'll find on this HD-28 acoustic guitar. Manufactured from 1931 to 1939, Martin dreadnoughts, such as the D-18 and the D-28, had a forwarded-shifted, scalloped X-bracing pattern. This Golden Era bracing pattern gives the Martin HD-28 and similar dreadnought guitars a very unique and identifiable tone. Highly prized for the clarity on the high end, and punchy, defined bass, musicians and collectors soon realized that these instruments were unique and highly collectible. No other acoustic guitar had the Martin dreadnought tone, and as a result, everyone wanted one.
The Martin HD-28 Standard Dreadnought acoustic guitar comes with a beautiful hardshell, molded case and limited lifetime warranty.
- Antique white binding
- Vintage Golden Era bracing pattern
- Diamonds and Squares fingerboard inlay pattern
- Choose Amber Burst, Sunburst or Aged Toner top
Iconic, powerful, timeless. Order today.
HD-28 Standard Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid spruce top
- Back & sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: 5/16" forward-shifted, scalloped X bracing
- Body finish: All-gloss nitrocellulose
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval, with Performing Artist Neck Taper
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 14 clear of the body, 20 total
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: East Indian Rosewood Headplate
- Tuning machines: Nickel, Open-geared
- Bridge: Ebony with Drop-in Bone Saddle
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.