- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin HDC-28E Standard Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Cutaway Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L40132 000001000 L40132000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The HDC-28E Standard Dreadnought acoustic-electric cutaway guitar epitomizes the sound of an acoustic guitar. Famous for its legendary full-bodied to...Click To Read More About This Product
One of Martin's most iconic models reimagined for the modern player with Fishman electronics.
The HDC-28E Standard Dreadnought acoustic-electric cutaway guitar epitomizes the sound of an acoustic guitar. Famous for its legendary full-bodied tone and volume, the Martin HD-28 has been an industry standard since 1931. Martin’s “Golden Era” of dreadnought guitars is prized for their rich tone, color and expressiveness. One main reason is the bracing pattern. Manufactured from 1931 to 1939, Martin dreadnoughts, such as the D-18 and the D-28, had a forwarded-shifted, scalloped X-bracing pattern. This "Golden Era" bracing pattern gave the Martin dreadnought guitars a very unique and identifiable tone. Highly prized for the clarity on the high end, and a punchy, defined bass, musicians and collectors soon realized that these instruments were unique and highly collectible. No other acoustic guitar had the Martin tone, and as a result everyone wanted one.
Today, you can get the same vintage tone of the 1930s combined with the playability of a modern guitar and a cutaway to access the upper frets. Martin has added the vintage forward-shifted scalloped X-bracing pattern to their HDC-28E Standard Dreadnought. For improved playability, the neck has been changed to feature a modified low oval neck, Performing Artist taper and 1-3/4" nut. The wider string spacing and comfortable neck profile allow a player to move up and down the neck with ease. And unlike the more traditional acoustic guitars of the past, the HDC-28E Standard Dreadnought will have that vintage tone, with a feel that will be like that of an electric guitar.
Along with an amazing sound and feel, this HDC-28E Standard features a solid Sitka spruce top, solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, ebony bridge and fingerboard, dovetail neck joint, nitrocellulose lacquer, classic herringbone inlay, diamonds and square fingerboard inlay pattern, antique white binding and aging toner. and a hardshell case.
This version of the HDC-28E Standard comes with Fishman Aura VT Enhanced electronics to amplify your guitar performance exactly as its being played. The natural sound of the pickup means you don’t have to EQ the tone to get the pure sound of the guitar. You just plug in and play.
- Antique white binding
- Aging toner
- Vintage Golden Era bracing pattern
- Fishman Aura VT Enhanced electronics
- Diamonds and Squares fingerboard inlay pattern
Order this versatile, modernized classic today.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Yes
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Forward shifted pattern 5/16" scalloped
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern low oval/Performance Artist taper
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Undersaddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: East Indian rosewood
- Tuning machines: Nickel open gear
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.