- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin J-40 Standard Jumbo Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L00151 000001000 L00151000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Classic styling with a tight-waisted jumbo body shape, the J-40 has an East Indian rosewood back and sides, Sitka spruce top, and a hand-fit dovetail...Click To Read More About This Product
Great tonal balance with classic Martin charm.
Classic styling with a tight-waisted jumbo body shape, the J-40 has an East Indian rosewood back and sides, Sitka spruce top, and a hand-fit dovetail neck joint. The jumbo body, combined with the forward-shifted scalloped X bracing pattern, produces a tone that is beautifully balanced with a powerful response and projection. The J-40 is the perfect instrument for enhancing the art of the singer-songwriter, and is a favorite among touring and session musicians.
Upgrades on the J-40 includes antique white binding, aged toner, open-geared tuners and Martin’s most comfortable Modified Low Oval, with a high-performance taper neck. A computerized Plek setup gives you the kind of action that will allow you to glide up and down the neck with ease.
Hardshell case included.
- Antique white binding
- Aging toner
- Reduced hexagon abalone fingerboard inlays
- Abalone with multi-stripe rosette
- Black side dots
- Faux tortoise pickguard
Invest in your musical future with a Martin. Order today.
- Body type: Jumbo
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Forward shifted pattern 5/26" scalloped x bracing
- Body finish: Gloss nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern low oval/Performance Artist taper
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: East Indian rosewood
- Tuning machines: Gold open gear with butterbean knobs
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Compensated bone/Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.