- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Marquis D-28 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 514510 000056000 514510000056000
Crafted to evoke the same powerful tone and sonorous projection as a pre-WWII D-28, the Martin D-28 Marquis Acoustic Guitar differs only by using the...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
As close as you can get to a Golden Era D-28 without a second mortgage.
Crafted to evoke the same powerful tone and sonorous projection as a pre-WWII D-28, the Martin D-28 Marquis Acoustic Guitar differs only by using the much less scarce, and therefore more affordable, Indian rosewood instead of Brazilian rosewood. Using only premium-grade solid Indian rosewood for the back and sides and a solid Adirondack spruce top, the Marquis Guitar delivers powerful sounds with scalloped Adirondack spruce braces and forward-shifted X-bracing. A special aging toner gives the wood a vintage countenance.
The list of historically accurate details, nearly overwhelming and totally exhaustive, captures the authentic spirit of the Martin D-28: mahogany blocks/dovetail neck joint construction, slot-through saddle, herringbone binding, neck dart, zipper back marquetry, ivoroid binding, herringbone top trim, Waverly butterbean tuners, and old-style wood fiber rosette.
The Martin D-28 Marquis also has a beveled and polished tortoise pickguard; ebony bridge with long saddle; modified V-shaped neck; ebony fretboard (1-3/4" nut, 25-2/5" scale) with diamond and square inlays; and fossil ivory nut, saddle, and bridgepins (with black dots).
The Martin D-28 Marquis Acoustic Guitar is a lovingly crafted Indian rosewood version of the discontinued D-28GE. Includes case.
The very first dreadnought guitars were designed and crafted by C. F. Martin & Co. in 1916, but marketed in Boston and New York exclusively under the Oliver Ditson brand. Originally made for Hawaiian slide playing style, the very first dreadnought made was a Model 222 shipped to Ditson in August of 1916. After Ditson went out of business in the early 1930s, Martin introduced the D-1 and D-2 dreadnoughts for standard playing style that would soon become Martin’s iconic D-18 and D-28 models. Over the past 100 years, the Martin dreadnought has helped define what an acoustic guitar can and should be, and subsequently, it has become one of the most popular acoustic guitar designs in the world.
- Solid Adirondack spruce top
- Scalloped 5/16'' Golden Era solid Adirondack spruce braces
- Forward-shifted X-bracing
- Solid East Indian rosewood back
- Sitka Golden Era back braces
- HD Zig Zag back purfling
- Solid East Indian rosewood sides
- Old-style wood fiber inlay rosette; Style 28
- Grained ivoroid endpiece
- Black/white wood fiber endpiece inlay
- Grained ivoroid binding
- Fine herringbone top inlay
- Black/white fiber back inlay
- Genuine mahogany neck
- Mahogany blocks/dovetail neck joint construction
- Modified V neck shape
- Fossilized ivory nut
- Solid/long diamond/tapered headstock shape
- Solid Indian rosewood headplate
- Grained ivoroid heelcap
- Solid black ebony fingerboard
- 20 frets
- 25-2/5" scale
- Neck/body joint at 14th fret
- 1-3/4'' nut width
- Diamonds and squares long pattern fretboard inlays
- Solid black ebony bridge
- 1930s style belly - long saddle bridge
- 2-5/16'' string spacing at bridge
- 16'' radius/fossil ivory bridge saddle
- Nickel open gear tuners w/butterbean knobs
- Fossil ivory w/black dots bridge and end pins
- Martin SP 4200 Medium Phosphor Bronze strings (recommended)
- Tortoise color/beveled and polished pickguard
- Polished gloss/dark filler body finish
- Polished gloss/aging toner top finish
- Semi-gloss/dark mahogany stain/dark filler neck finish
- Includes 545 Geib-style case
Out of Martin's esteemed special-edition series comes the D-28 Marquis, a guitar that resonates with rich, harmonic tone and is visually distinguished by classic Martin appointments. Make sure you get yours—order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.