- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin OM-28 Standard Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L00143 000001000 L00143000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The 2018 OM-28 Orchestra Acoustic Guitar is a great example of the quality craftmanship that Martin is famous for creating over their 185-year histor...Click To Read More About This Product
Originally built for the juke joints, but versatile enough to fit in anywhere now.
The 2018 OM-28 Orchestra Acoustic Guitar is a great example of the quality craftmanship that Martin is famous for creating over their 185-year history. Prized for its combination of the finest tonewoods and construction techniques, the 2018 OM-28 has all the tone and sustain that you have come to expect from a Martin guitar. The smaller auditorium body is well-balanced, while being versatile enough to cover just about any musical style. The hand-fit dovetail neck joint delivers a resonant tone with lots of sustain. A Sitka spruce top, with 1/4” scalloped X-bracing, tunes the sound of the guitar to have just the right amount of bass, mids, and treble. This is an instrument that you’ll want to play for hours.
Martin has upgraded the 2018 OM-28 Orchestra to include a modified low-oval neck with High Performance neck taper and 1-3/4” nut. It also has an aging toner, herringbone inlay, antique white binding, 5/16” scalloped X-Bracing, Diamonds and Square fingerboard inlays, and a bone nut and saddle. In final assembly, the instrument receives a computerized Plek setup to dial in the action for the best possible string performance for each instrument. The result is an instrument with the optimal sound and feel. You won’t want to put this one down.
Includes a hardshell case.
- Antique white binding
- Herringbone top inlay
- Aging toner
- Diamonds and squares fingerboard abalone inlay pattern
- Multi-stripe rosette
- Style 28 purfling
- Drop-in saddle
- Faux tortoise pickguard
Make this reimagined Martin yours with a quick click or call today.
- Body type: 000 14 Fret
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: 5/26" scalloped x bracing
- Body finish: Gloss nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern low oval/Performance Artist taper
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: East Indian rosewood
- Tuning machines: Nickel open gear
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Compensated white tusq/Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.