- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Martin Special 28 Style Dreadnought Herringbone VTS Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J21566 000001000 J21566000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This exclusive Custom HD-28 VTS acoustic dreadnought couples classic sound with modern playability and craftsmanship. This guitar was designed to tar...Click To Read More About This Product
One of Martin's favorites given a special torrefaction process to give you a more broken-in look and tone right out the box.
This exclusive Custom HD-28 VTS acoustic dreadnought couples classic sound with modern playability and craftsmanship. This guitar was designed to target the highly-collectible vintage sound and tone of Martin’s Golden Era, the 1930s. As many of you know, this time period produced the finest steel string acoustic guitars in the world. Martin guitars from the 1930s are considered by many to be a benchmark for the acoustic steel string guitar. Today, if you could find one, you would pay anywhere from $100K to $400K.
However, with Martin’s revolutionary Vintage Tone System, a proprietary temperature aging process, they are able to target the sound of their vintage acoustic guitars within a decade. Martin has honed this process by benchmarking some of the finest examples of their 182-year history, found in their Nazareth, PA museum. Once they have aged the top to the correct moisture content and look of the period, it is ready to be placed on only the finest custom and authentic models.
With the custom HD-28 VTS, they selected a premium-grade of Sitka spruce for the top, and temperature age it to target the sound of the 1930s. They then combined this VTS top with the precision and playability of a modern HD-28 to create a dreadnought guitar that has an extraordinary sound, with the playability of modern precision and technology. The HD-28 VTS has a clear, defined treble and midrange tone, with a very balanced, punchy bottom end. .
USA-made in Nazareth, PA.
Comes with 640 molded case.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sitka
- Back & sides: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Sitka, Scalloped 5/16"
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Low profile
- Nut width: 1.68" (42.67mm)
- Fingerboard: Black Ebony
- Neck wood: Genuine Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Chrome
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone nut, compensated bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: VTS
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: United States
Get your hands on a Martin Custom. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.