- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mitchell MS400 Modern Single-Cutaway Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J37222 000002000 J37222000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Mitchell MS400 electric guitar features a thin profile, single cutaway, mahogany body and an easy-playing shallow-C mahogany set neck design. A u...Click To Read More About This Product
Super comfortable design with fast-playing neck and versatile electronics.
The Mitchell MS400 electric guitar features a thin profile, single cutaway, mahogany body and an easy-playing shallow-C mahogany set neck design. A unique heel joint provides supreme playing comfort and upper fret access. Includes dual humbucking paraffin-dipped alnico V pickups that reduce microphonics and unwanted feedback. Separate volume controls for each pickup let you blend as needed, while a pull coil-tap allows you to split both humbucking pickups into a single-coils. The flame maple binding and purfling further enhance the high-end look. High-ratio locking tuners provide precise tuning, while the jumbo frets and string-thru body design offer increased sustain and bite.
Before delivery to dealers, all Mitchell electric guitars receive a complete stateside setup and quality control inspection to ensure exceptional playability. Available in Black (BK), or Honeyburst with AAA quilt maple veneer top (QHB). Case sold separately.
• Mahogany single cutaway body design with mahogany set neck and rosewood fretboard
• H/H pickup configuration with paraffin-dipped alnico V pickups reduce microphonics and unwanted feedback
• Deep Bevel Cutaway (DBC) design allows for complete fretboard access
• Pull coil-tap function provides single-coil sounds from either humbucking pickup
• Shallow-C profile, slim-taper neck feels comfortable in any player’s hands
• High-ratio locking tuners and Graph Tech TUSQ XL reduced-friction nut enhance tuning stability
• Traditional, adjustable TOM-style bridge and string-through body design for accurate intonation and solid tone
• High-tensile strength fretwire for durability and smooth playability
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: (AAA Quilt maple veneer on honeyburst finsh)
- Body wood: Carved mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Shallow C
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Indian Rosewood
- Radius: 11.8 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.65 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Humbucker Alnico V
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Humbucker Alnico V
- Brand: Mitchell
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Pull tone for coil tap
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil tap
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic-style fully adjustable
- Tailpiece: String thru body
- Tuning machines: High-ratio locking
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Make more music with Mitchell. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.