- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
SC-2 Maple Fingerboard Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product L21699
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This is the perfect time for the G&L SC-2 Electric Guitar to make a comeback. It's been more than 20 years since G&L made the SC-2, though it...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
(Open Box) For players who demand a versatile guitar capable of handling any situation.
This is the perfect time for the G&L SC-2 Electric Guitar to make a comeback. It's been more than 20 years since G&L made the SC-2, though its popularity is getting stronger each year. G&L is proud to announce that the SC-2 is back and better than ever!
Introduced in 1982, the G&L SC-2 guitar's distinctive shape and tone resonated with the New Wave movement. Pioneers like Devo's Bob Mothersbaugh immediately embraced creator Leo Fender's SC-2. The SC-2 was pure Leo genius-fresh, forward-looking, and fun.
Though the '80s New Wave movement gave way to glam rock, which gave way to the grunge movement in the '90s, what comes around goes around. Today's indie-pop musicians are increasingly embracing the aesthetic of early '80s New Wave scene; evolving it with the edginess that today's indie scene grew up with. The SC-2 was perfect for its time as well as today's direction, and consequently vintage SC-2s have been growing in value as gigging musicians and collectors alike are discovering-or rediscovering-one of Leo's coolest guitars.
Leo demanded that G&L designs continue to improve, and we think he'd be pleased with the latest axe to emerge from Fender Avenue. This is no reissue, as the new SC-2 has evolved to meet the needs and tastes of today's musician. The distinctive body profile is faithful to the original, but now features G&L's generously sculpted arm and back contours for added comfort as well as repositioned controls for ease of use. The result is a light, compact body that just feels great, whether hanging on a strap or strumming in a chair.
Things have evolved up top, too, with a neck featuring our easy-playing contemporary Modern-C profile, capped with the stylish mid-80's G&L headstock shape incorporating G&L's trademark "hook" design. What's more, this neck blends a vintage vibe with modern playability with its Gun Oil Tint finished with satin on the back and gloss on the headstock face.
The SC-2 electric guitar is powered by a pair of G&L large MFD single-coil pickups, yielding a broad range of tonalities for even the most diversified of players. The neck pickup is a traditional-spec large MFD, which has a warm, spongy response with just the right amount of top-end articulation. The bridge position features an over-wound "fat" MFD pickup for a powerful, smooth vocal presence that's great for clean or overdriven textures. The SC-2's sonic territory covers punchy indie-pop riffs, straight-ahead blues rock, smooth jazz, even jangly country licks. For players who demand a versatile guitar capable of handling any situation, the SC-2 gets it done with comfort and style.
- Gloss-finish solid alder body
- Satin-finish 25.5"-scale hard-rock maple neck with 22-fret, 12"-radius maple fingerboard
- Dual G&L MFD (Magnetic Field Design) single-coil pickups, 3-way pickup selector
- Thru-body strung G&L Saddle-Lock fixed bridge, sealed, die-cast tuners
Order a guitar that gets the job done with comfort and style.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood:
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C classic
- Neck wood: Hard-rock Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material 1.63 in. (41.4 mm) Molded
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: MFD Single-coil Ceramic
- Bridge: MFD Single-coil Ceramic
- Brand: G&L
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics:
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: G&L saddle lock
- Tailpiece: String thru body
- Tuning machines: Die-cast sealed
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.