- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PRS 509 10 Top with Pattern Regular Neck Electric Guitar
Black Gold Burst
- Write a Review
- J51259 000002000 J51259000002000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
As one of the most versatile guitars in the PRS lineup, the 509 harnesses the power of 5 pickups to deliver 9 uniquely musical tones. The 509 starts ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Beautiful tonewoods and PRS design.
As one of the most versatile guitars in the PRS lineup, the 509 harnesses the power of 5 pickups to deliver 9 uniquely musical tones. The 509 starts with a 5 single coil platform - with the outside four coils grouped as humbuckers. An innovative switching system (a 5-way blade switch and two mini-toggle coil-tap switches), gives players an array of humbucking, singlecoil, and blended tones.
Unique appointments include a longer 25.25" scale length which adds upper harmonic sparkle and the PRS Gen III Patented Tremolo which provides impressive sustain.
Gen III Tremolo
Rest assured, the Gen III trem functions in all the same ways as the PRS patented tremolo system always has. As always, the bridge is machined brass, a metal that rings beautifully. The block, intonation screws, height-adjustment screws, and the string slots on the saddles are all left un-plated for increased sustain and fidelity of tone.
PRS Gen III Trem
A. The mounting screw holes are countersunk from underneath, creating a knife-edge set-up that ensures the bridge will return to pitch after use.
B. The bridge’s sidewalls create a pocket that keeps the six individually adjustable saddles from moving sideways, thereby eliminating another traditional cause of tuning instability.
C. The saddles feature a compound radius so that the string breaks across the saddle at the optimum angle for contact and vibration transfer through the bridge. The Private Stock Gen III Trem also features locking saddles. These saddles hold the ball ends in place preventing any movement in the block and further ensuring the guitar returns to pitch after use.
D. The tremolo arm is unthreaded and features a small set screw that allows the player to customize the feel of the arm and find a comfortable playing position.
The Gen III trem also has a few notable updates that further support the fidelity of the guitar’s tone and maximize sustain.
E. The mounting screws have been redesigned with larger thread and a larger custom head. This added mass creates more contact from the screw to the bridge and the guitar’s body, resulting in greater sustain.
F. Grooves have been added to the bridge plate. The grooves are radiused to match the radius of the height adjustment screws, again so there is more contact and a better fit.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Carved Figured Maple 10 Top
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Pattern regular
- Neck wood: Curly Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25.25"
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10"
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Birds
- Nut width: 1.656" (42mm)
- Configuration: HSH
- Neck: 509
- Middle: 509
- Bridge: 509
- Brand: PRS
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: Yes
- Special electronics: Two mini coil tap switches
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil tap
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Gen III
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Phase III locking
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Limited production
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
Get the best PRS you can. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.