- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PRS PS #2043 Private Stock 513 Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Product 531047
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The PS #2043 Private Stock 513 Electric Guitar represents a rare opportunity for customers to own an incredible and truly one-of-a-kind guitar. The P...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A rare impeccable special ordered one-off Private Stock electric guitar!
The PS #2043 Private Stock 513 Electric Guitar represents a rare opportunity for customers to own an incredible and truly one-of-a-kind guitar. The PS #2043 features a double-cutaway swamp ash body with a superb curly maple top finished in stunning glacial blue, and a South American mahogany neck with a Brazilian rosewood fretboard. The 513 has a 25-1/4" scale, a narrow and deep neck profile, tall wide frets and a sculpted neck heel, making the playability of this instrument both fast, and expressive. This instrument is highlighted with beautiful white mother-of-pearl and paua purfling around the top, fingerboard, and truss rod cover. (Paua is made from the lusterous blue-green shell of a harvested New Zealand sea snail). A PS Eagle inlay graces the headstock, and the fingerboard is dressed with special 513 style mother-of-pearl bird inlays.
The 513 has a unique and easy-to-use integrated electronics control system, which is how the name of this great model came about”513 stands for 5 pickups and 13 sounds. This patented pickup system provides 13 modern and vintage sounds utilizing 5 proprietary single-coil pickups. Controls include a master volume, master control and two blade switches. One blade switch is a 5-way pickup selector, and the other is a 3-way mode switch that allows you to select between the single-coil, clear humbucking and heavy humbucking modes. This is one of Paul Reed Smith's most versatile instruments that can go from screaming humbuckers to sparkling single coils with the flick of a 3-way.
PRS Guitars has always strived to build the highest quality instruments possible, and its goal in the Private Stock program is to do this same thing”but take it up another level. These finely crafted instruments are specially ordered and built to customer specifications. The Private Stock team consists of a small crew of highly talented, seasoned guitar makers working at PRS Guitars. The woods are carefully picked from the PRS "Private Stash," and these extraordinary pieces of wood are some of the best instrument-grade woods found on the planet. Each guitar is stained with a complex special technique to bring out the most figure and create an unprecedented three dimensional quality. The instrument is carefully guided through each craftsman's hands, and finally checked by Paul and the PRS Private Stock Team to ensure the best instrument possible. Each instrument is signed by Paul and receives a Private Stock number along with a letter of authenticity describing the specifications and features of that particular instrument.
- Model: 513
- Top: Curly Maple
- Back: Swamp Ash
- Neck: South American Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Special Set
- Neck Profile: 513 Narrow and Deep Neck Carve
- Fingerboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fretwire: taller, wider 513
- Fingerboard Inlays: White Mother-Of-Pearl 513 bird inlays with a Paua outline
- Fingerboard Purfling: White Mother-Of-Pearl with Paua outline
- Fingerboard Radius: 10"
- Headstock Veneer: Brazilian rosewood
- Headstock Veneer Inlay: Private Stock Eagle White Mother-Of-Pearl with Paua outline
- Scale Length: 25-1/4"
- Nut width: 1-11/16"
- Body Binding: Paua
- Body Purfling: White Mother-Of-Pearl with Paua outline
- Truss Rod Cover: Brazilian Rosewood with White Mother-Of-Pearl Purfling with Paua outline
- Pickups: 513 Pickup System (patents applied for)
- Pickup Controls: Volume, Tone, 5-way blade pickup selector, 3-way blade mode selector (heavy humbucking/clear humbucking/single coil)
- Hardware: Nickel
- Tuning Pegs: PRS 14:1 Phase II Low mass Locking Tuners with Brazilian Rosewood Buttons
- Bridge: PRS Tremolo
- Case: Hardshell