- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
RainSong Black Ice Series Orchestra Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- H88049 000001000 H88049000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Black Ice Series Orchestra acoustic-electric guitar embodies artistry. Each instrument is unique. The soundboard on each guitar is meticulously c...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An orchestral model with cutaway featuring the N2 neck and high-quality onboard electronics.
The Black Ice Series Orchestra acoustic-electric guitar embodies artistry. Each instrument is unique. The soundboard on each guitar is meticulously crafted to achieve an aesthetically pleasing appearance without overbuilding it. Each soundboard is individually conceived so every guitar is unique. Unique in design and unique in tone.
The RainSong Orchestra Model (OM) is the smallest and most refined of all RainSong shapes. It is their most comfortable and intimate guitar, with an immediacy of presence that makes it a favorite with the coffee house crowd. The treble, already a breathtaking attribute of RainSongs, and the carbon sound are simply sublime in this little guitar. A crystal-bell clarity, balance, superb separation of individual notes, and an expansive dynamic range make the OM one of RainSong's most individually expressive guitars. Because of Projection Tuned Layering, the OM is capable of strong projection. It won't rattle windows like the Jumbo or the Dreadnought, but the OM, when driven, packs a lot of power and punch for a small bodied guitar.
The N1 is the original RainSong 6-string low-profile neck. It is unique in design, with a feel that is at once comfortable and different, this neck is easy to play. Pre-engineered for optimal relief, the N1 does not include a truss rod.
The N2 neck is a result of an extensive, long-term collaboration with the renowned artist Steve Miller and Master Luthier John Bolin. The neck design is based on a modified "U" profile that has been popular in guitars since the 1950s. While the N2 has a more substantial feel than the N1, it is ergonomically sound and actually results in better transfer of string vibration energy to the soundboard. The N2 features a truss rod that is accessible from the head stock. Graphite does not warp or bow with changes in humidity and temperature. The purpose of a truss rod in the N2 is to allow customization of the relief to suit individual preferences.
- All-graphite "Black Ice" soundboard crafted using RainSong's Projection Tuned Layering technique
- No soundboard braces
- Abalone rosette
- All-graphite N2 neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong's Performance Shape Casting as a single piece
- Adjustable truss rod
- Custom Mother of Pearl sharks
- Tusq Nut and saddle
- Mother-of-pearl inlaid Tusq bridgepins
- UV protective, high-gloss, clear urethane finish
- Chrome-plated custom Gotoh tuners with 1:18 gear ratio
- Includes sidemounted preamp for excellent tone shaping and built-in tuner for accuracy
- Customized hardshell case
Enjoy this dramatic evolution in guitar construction for yourself. Order today.
- Depth at end-pin: 4.1"
- Lower bout: 15.3"
- Body Length: 19.5"
- Neck width at nut: 1.75"
- Scale length: 25.4"
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear