- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Rickenbacker 1993Plus 12-String Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J20318 000001000 J20318000001000
Pete Townshend asked for an update of his beloved Model 1993 guitar and Rickenbacker was happy to oblige. The result is the 1993Plus, enhanced with a...Click To Read More About This Product
Email for Price:
The manufacturer of this product has asked us not to publish our current selling price. Please email our customer service team for the guaranteed lowest price on this item.
An improved classic with a slightly wider neck.
Pete Townshend asked for an update of his beloved Model 1993 guitar and Rickenbacker was happy to oblige. The result is the 1993Plus, enhanced with a 1/8" (3.1 mm) wider neck, Caribbean rosewood fingerboard and more stable two-piece neck design fitted with a round heel for comfort.
This classic 12-string design comes standard with three vintage reissue pickups, stereo output, trapeze tailpiece, vintage knobs and f-hole. Double body binding and pearlescent inlays add a refined touch. X-bracing in the body helps to bring out the full, rich and warm sounds these instruments are known for. The 1993Plus also features Rickenbacker's master variable tone control. This fifth knob allows you to fine tune the EQ between the bass and treble pickups, in a variety of ways and with some unique characteristics.
The haunting, melodic chorus characteristics of Rickenbacker 12-strings continue to benefit from evolution. The original 1993 design was once exclusive to the British distributor Rose Morris in the sixties.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Maple
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Rickenbacker
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: French polish
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Triangle
- Nut width: 2.10" (53.5mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Vintage single-coil Toaster Top
- Middle: Vintage single-coil Toaster Top
- Bridge: Vintage single-coil Toaster Top
- Brand: Rickenbacker
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Stereo/mono output
- Control layout: Separate volume and tone for treble and bass pickups, and a master variable tone control
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 6-saddle
- Tailpiece: Trapeze
- Tuning machines: Deluxe vintage
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 12-string
- Special features: Versatile electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Add this fantastic-sounding guitar to your sonic arsenal. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.