- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Schecter Guitar Research CR-6 Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L13220 000001000 L13220000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Schecter CR-6 has the looks, feel, and sound of a guitar designed to catapult your playing into a whole new stratosphere.Armed with Schecter USA ...Click To Read More About This Product
Sleek, alluring and powerful.
The Schecter CR-6 has the looks, feel, and sound of a guitar designed to catapult your playing into a whole new stratosphere.
Armed with Schecter USA Apocalypse-II pickups, the CR-6 ushers in sonic destruction on a catastrophic level. The Apocalypse-II pickups deliver a crushing mid-range while maintaining a tight, focused, and articulate response, designed to shake the ground you stand on. The volume(coil split)/tone/ 3-way switch controls allows you to maximize all of the tonal capabilities these bone crunching pickups offer and with premium-grade CTS potentiometers you are assured reliability and precision.
Sporting a new and exciting hybrid take on Schecter’s famed C-shape body, the CR-6 has a perfectly balanced mahogany body with a beautiful and exotic poplar burl top.
The 3-piece maple bolt-on neck with Ultra Thin C shape is reinforced with two carbon fiber rods to give you a shred-ready neck while maintaining total strength and stability. The 25.5” scale length provides super-fast response over a warmth inducing Wenge fretboard appointed with 24 extra jumbo frets.
The guitar is finished off with a Schecter Diamond Hardtail bridge, high quality Schecter tuners, and the ever reliable Graphtech Black Tusq XL nut. Case sold separately.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Poplar Burl
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Ultra thin C
- Neck wood: 3-piece Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Wenge
- Radius: 14 in.
- Fret size: Extra-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.65 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: USA Apocalypse-II
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: USA Apocalypse-II
- Brand: Schecter
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/pull volume control
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Diamond Hardtail bridge
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Stand out with Schecter. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.