Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Squier 40th Anniversary Telecaster Gold Edition Electric Guitar Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Commemorative Telecaster in gold with gold-plated hardware.
For the past 40 years, Squier by Fender has been creating instruments played by hundreds of thousands of guitarists, from beginners to pros. To celebrate that anniversary, the Squier/Fender design team has put together some spectacular instruments. The Squier 40th Anniversary Gold Series Telecaster brings together upscale looks, player-friendly features and all the classic Tele tone you could possibly want.
Vintage Curves in a New Wood
While traditional Teles have been poplar, alder or ash body guitars, the Squier 40th Anniversary Gold Series Telecaster uses nato, a wood frequently referred to as Eastern mahogany. Nato has the warmth often associated with mahogany, but it adds a crispness that summons the snap a Tele needs for that instantly familiar tone. Nato has the benefit of being a more sustainable wood as well, making it a real win-win situation. All the 40th Anniversary Gold Series feature a beautiful and durable gloss finish in several striking colors.
Fast and Comfortable Neck
With a 25.5"-scale, C-profile maple neck and bound 9.5"-radius Indian laurel fingerboard, you'll find the neck smooth, fast and easy to play. Add in premium pearloid block inlays and a bone nut, and the traditional 21-fret configuration looks as great as it plays, making the Gold Series Tele a celebration of the combined history of both the Telecaster and Squier.
Alnico 5 Pickups for Classic Tone
When it comes to pickups—the heart of any electric guitar—the Squier 40th Anniversary Gold Series Telecaster stays classic, with a pair of Fender-designed Alnico 5 single coils for spot-on Tele tone. The bridge has all the twang you need, and the neck pickup can go from solid to smooth with a slight roll of the tone control. It's often been said that the Telecaster is one of the most sonically versatile electric guitars, and this special edition is here to prove it.
A Guitar You'll Play for Years
The hardware of the Gold Series Tele is its defining trait. Gold plated and gleaming from headstock to strap button, with a gold-anodized pickguard and engraved 40th Anniversary neck plate, it catches and holds the eye, and you'll look as good playing it as you sound. Add this one to your collection, and you'll understand why so many players over the decades have kept a Squier in their collection—for the sheer fun of playing one.
- Nato body with a gloss finish
- Maple neck in a "C"-shaped profile, Indian laurel fretboard
- Dual Fender Designed Alnico 5 single-coil pickups, 3-way selector
- Gold-plated tuners, pickguard and 3-saddle string-thru bridge
Strike gold with this 40th Anniversary Tele. Order today.
40th Anniversary Telecaster Gold Edition Electric Guitar Specifications:Body
- Body Type: Single-cutaway solid body
- Body wood: Nato
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: C
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Laurel
- Fret size: Narrow-tall
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Pearloid block
- Nut width/material: 1.65 in. (42 mm) bone
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Proprietary single coil
- Bridge: Proprietary single coil
- Control layout: Master volume, Master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Bridge type: Fixed bridge
- Bridge design: Barrel saddle
- Tailpiece: String-thru-body
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6 string
- Case: Sold separately
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.