- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L21008 000001000 L21008000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Squier honors alt-rock godfather and Dinosaur Jr. leader J Mascis with a striking new Jazzmaster guitar model that delivers as much massive sound and...Click To Read More About This Product
Taking the Jazzmaster to a new place.
Squier honors alt-rock godfather and Dinosaur Jr. leader J Mascis with a striking new Jazzmaster guitar model that delivers as much massive sound and performance as its namesake. The pickups, hardware and finish are all specified by Mascis himself for tremendous tone and value.
The J Mascis Jazzmaster features a basswood body, C-shaped maple neck, Indian Laurel fingerboard with 9.5" radius and 21 jumbo frets, two single-coil Jazzmaster pickups with three-position switching and dual tone circuits, gold anodized aluminum pickguard, aged white plastic parts (knobs, switch tip, pickup), Adjusto-Matic bridge with vintage-style floating tremolo tailpiece, vintage-style tuners, chrome hardware, Vintage White finish and J Mascis signature on the back of the large '60s-style headstock.
- Gloss-finish solid basswood body
- 25.5" scale maple neck with 21-fret, 9.5"-radius Indian laurel fingerboard
- Dual Jazzmaster single-coil pickups with lead/rhythm switches and 3-way pickup select
- Adjusto-matic bridge with vintage style floating tremolo tailpiece, vintage-style tuners
Order now and get the J Mascis Jazzmaster delivered to you pronto.
- Body shape: Offset
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood:
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C standard
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Indian Laurel
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material 1.675 in. (42.5 mm) Molded
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Jazzmaster single-coil
- Bridge: Jazzmaster single-coil
- Brand: Squier
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Dual upper-horn slide switches
- Control layout: Lead circuit controls (slide switch down): master volume, tone; Rhythm circuit controls (slide switch up): 2 thumbwheel for neck pickup: volume and tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Adjusto-matic
- Tailpiece: Vintage Style Floating Tremolo
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.