- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Takamine G Series GD51 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #H99512 000001000 H99512000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The GD51 is a classy dreadnought-style guitar that features deluxe cosmetic appointments, solid-top construction and a warm, resonant sound that will...Click To Read More About This Product
Deluxe cosmetic appointments, solid-top construction and a warm, resonant sound.
The GD51 is a classy dreadnought-style guitar that features deluxe cosmetic appointments, solid-top construction and a warm, resonant sound that will bring out the best in your music.
Combining a solid spruce top with black walnut back and sides, the GD51 pumps out all the big, bold tone players expect from a dreadnought. The slim mahogany neck and 12-radius bound laurel fingerboard provide great feel and playability, while the split-saddle design of the rosewood bridge provides superior intonation for sweeter-sounding chords and single-note runs.
Other great features include a synthetic bone nut and bridge saddle, rosewood headcap, abalone rosette and mother-of-pearl dot inlays, gold die-cast tuners and a beautiful gloss finish. Case sold separately.
- Solid-top construction
- Solid spruce top with black walnut back and sides
- Slim mahogany neck and 12-radius
- Bound laurel fingerboard
- Split-saddle design of the rosewood bridge
- Synthetic bone nut and bridge saddle
- Rosewood headcap
- Abalone rosette
- Mother-of-pearl dot inlays
- Gold die-cast tuners
- Case sold separately
Enjoy signature Takamine sound and craftsmanship. Order today.
- Series: G50 Series
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Bracing: Quartersawn "X"
- Body Back: Black walnut
- Body Sides: Black walnut
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Scale Length: 25.4" (644mm)
- Fingerboard: Bound laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- String Nut: Synthetic bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8mm)
- Position Inlays: Mother-of-pearl dot
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tuning Machines: Gold die-cast
- Strings: D'Addario EXP 16 Coated Phosphor Bronze (.012-.053 Gauges)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.