- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Takamine LTD-2018 Gifu-Cho Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L18558 000001000 L18558000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Each year, Takamine releases a limited edition guitar that celebrates the culture and beauty of the Gifu prefecture, in Japan, where Takamine has bui...Click To Read More About This Product
Gorgeous limited edition guitar with inlays that honor the natural flora and fauna of Takamine's hometown.
Each year, Takamine releases a limited edition guitar that celebrates the culture and beauty of the Gifu prefecture, in Japan, where Takamine has built guitars since 1962. These beautifully-crafted instruments feature artistic inlay designs that will never again be repeated. This 2018 model is the LTD-2018 Gifu-Cho acoustic-electric which comes with a very special theme.
The Gifu-Cho's most obvious appointment is the delicately inlaid butterflies along the pickguard and fingerboard. This inlay artwork heralds the arrival of the spring season. The butterflies, also known as “Spring Ephemeral”, cannot survive in the deep forest. They only thrive for a short time in the hills and meadows between the forest and the villages of Gifu. During this brief period, they flutter around the violet flowers as if enjoying their relationship with the neighboring human beings.
The LTD-2018 Gifu-Cho is an NEX-sized acoustic-electric guitar with a solid cedar top and ovangkol back and sides. It features a mahogany neck with an ebony fingerboard and pickguard inlaid with the beautiful abalone “Gifu-Cho” motif described above. The guitar features Takamine’s renowned Palathetic pickup with a CTP-3 CoolTube preamp, a bone nut and saddle, abalone purfling and rosette, and gold tuning machines with ivoroid buttons. It has a unique "antique whitewash" treatment to the cedar top, along with ivoroid binding and a superb gloss natural finish. The LTD-2018 Gifu-Cho is shipped with a Certificate of Authenticity from Takamine.
- Glossy Lift-Out Antique White top finish
- Abalone purfling and rosette
- Ivoroid binding
- Palathetic pickup with a CTP-3 CoolTube preamp
Order this impressive instrument today.
- Body type: NEX
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Cedar
- Back and sides: Solid Ovangkol
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped X
- Body finish: Gloss Natural
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.675" (42.5 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: African mahogany
- Scale length: 25.3"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Gloss Natural
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Takamine
- Configuration: Sidemounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gold
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Inlays
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: Japan
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.