- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 2016 500 Series 562e 12-Fret Grand Concert 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Shaded Edge Burst
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J55955 000001000 J55955000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's revitalized 500 Series mahogany guitars, like this 562e Grand Concert 12-String Acoustic-Electric are brimming with appealing refineme...Click To Read More About This Product
A smaller-sized 12-string with key appointments that make it a guitar you'll want to play with for years.
Taylor's revitalized 500 Series mahogany guitars, like this 562e Grand Concert 12-String Acoustic-Electric are brimming with appealing refinements, starting with new bracing that boosts the volume, low-end richness and projection, while also making the guitars more responsive. The all-mahogany models deepen their vintage character with a shaded edgeburst body and neck. Refined aesthetic appointments add to the elegant charm of these models.
The 562e Grand Concert 12-String ships in a deluxe hardshell case made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
Taylor's Grand Concert is slightly smaller that its Grand Auditorium and yields controlled overtones, so the sound won't occupy a lot of sonic space. This is often a key consideration when other instruments are in the mix, such as in a performance or recording environment, and it allows the guitar to be heard more clearly. The Grand Concert pairs well with both 14- fret and 12-fret neck-to-body construction, and offers an articulate voice with top-end chime. It's perfect for fingerstyle players and light strummers, though flatpickers are known to enjoy its tonal character too. Its intimate size makes it lap/couch-friendly, and a great fit for players who find smaller instruments more physically comfortable.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Tropical mahogany is known for a meaty midrange featuring a strong fundamental without adding a lot of ringing overtones. It responds well to players with a strong attack who like dry, earthy, lo-fi sounds. It has a natural compression that smooths out strumming and picking technique. Mahogany's clear and direct tonal character makes it a great option for playing and standing out among other instruments.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, bass and treble controls.
Building remarkable 12-strings is part of Taylor's heritage. Their ease-of-play, their neck stability, their intonation and their overall tone has made them the most popular 12-strings on the market. Taylor's slim neck profile and New Technology ("NT") neck system allow precise and low action, resulting in the most comfortable "handfeel" possible in a 12-string guitar. The 500 Series 12-fret designs may be the most comfortable, playable Taylor 12-string to date.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
Make this Taylor's yours today. Order now.
- Body type: 12-Fret Grand Concert
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Back and sides: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Performance bracing
- Body finish: Gloss 6
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.87 in. (47.6 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 24.87 in.
- Number of frets: 18
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor nickel with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "Wave"/Tusq
- Number of strings: 12
- Special features: Faux tortoise-bound soundhole
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.