- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 214ce Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J46702 000001000 J46702000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Taylor's 200 Series 214ce delivers all the essentials of a great guitar - exquisite playability, a full and articulate voice, impeccable intonation u...Click To Read More About This Product
Layered koa body gives this Grand Auditorium a special kind of warmth and balance as well as good looks.
Taylor's 200 Series 214ce delivers all the essentials of a great guitar - exquisite playability, a full and articulate voice, impeccable intonation up the neck, and Taylor's top-of-the-line, professional-grade pickup - at a price that's within reach of many. 2017 models feature layered Hawaiian Koa backs and sides and a crisp appointment scheme consisting of white binding and a glossy top with satin back and sides. All 200 Series guitars ship in a lightweight, sturdy rigid gig bag made by Taylor for optimal fit and protection.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Layered koa back and sides create a sturdy, yet receptive platform for the vibrating string energy sent by the guitar's top. Layered wood is less susceptible to changes in temperature and humidity, making it an excellent choice for players who travel with their instruments or simply require more durability.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acousticly or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in. Together with Taylor’s custom- designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, bass and treble controls.
The Taylor Difference
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce Maple
- Back & sides: Layered Hawaiian Koa
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard II (Forward Shift Pattern)
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Sapele
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin Natural
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Chrome
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Gig Bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Order this special Taylor today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.