- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 214ce-N Grand Auditorium Nylon String Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L73505 000001000 L73505000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
One of the most alluring traits of a nylon string guitar is the way its tonal character can instantly change the complexion of a song. This makes a n...Click To Read More About This Product
A classic GA body, ES-N electronics, and perfectly paired tonewoods yield great play.
One of the most alluring traits of a nylon string guitar is the way its tonal character can instantly change the complexion of a song. This makes a nylon an indispensable tool for songwriting, recording and performance, letting you weave a different flavor or rhythmic texture into your music. Taylor nylons achieve the same exceptional playability as their steel string siblings, offering a smooth crossover with a sleek profile neck, a 1-7/8" nut width (compared to a much wider traditional classical neck), and a slight radius (20" compared to 15" on Taylor steel strings). With a Taylor nylon string in your acoustic toolbox, you might be surprised by how often you end up reaching for it.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translates into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation. Layered Rosewood back and sides create a sturdy and complementary platform for the vibrating string energy sent by the guitar's top. Layered wood is less susceptible to changes in temperature and humidity, making it an excellent choice for players who travel with their instruments or simply require more durability.
The ES-N is a single-source, under-saddle transducer, but the preamp design and tone controls were customized to complement the nylon string voice. Taylor's standard ES control knobs (Volume, Treble and Bass) enable plenty of tone-shaping and preserve the natural design aesthetic.
You'll love playing your Taylor nylon string for years to come. Order today.
- Guitar size: Auditorium (Length 20", Width 16")
- Cutaway: Yes - Venetian
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Body depth: 4-5/8"
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Layered Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Nylon GA Bracing
- Body finish: Varnish
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Nut width: 1-7/8" (47.6 mm)
- Neck Shape: Taylor Standard Nylon Profile
- Neck Wood: Sapele
- Joint: Taylor Neck System
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Truss rod: Yes
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: ES-N
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Under-Saddle Piezo
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Treble, Bass
- Notch filter: None
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Nylon Chrome with Pearloid Buttons
- Rosette: 3-Ring Plastic
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta saddle; Nubone nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: 20" Fingerboard Radius; Neck and Body join at 14th fret
- Case: Deluxe Taylor Soft Gig Bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Taylor Guitars Factory in Tecate, Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.