- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Taylor 214ce Plus Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L73538 000001000 L73538000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Musician’s Friend has long appreciated the versatile Taylor Grand Auditorium. With the upgrades on the 214ce Plus, we know this is going to be a grea...Click To Read More About This Product
Upgraded electronics and a Sitka spruce/Indian rosewood combo yield excellent tone.
Musician’s Friend has long appreciated the versatile Taylor Grand Auditorium. With the upgrades on the 214ce Plus, we know this is going to be a great go-to in your acoustic-electric rotation. Complete with a beautiful tonewood pairing of Sitka spruce and rosewood, along with Taylor’s ES2 electronic system, there’s a lot to enjoy about the 214ce Plus acoustic-electric.
A Grand Auditorium with Sitka spruce and rosewoodFirst introduced in 1994, the Grand Auditorium body shape is a Bob Taylor original. It’s comfortably sized between a Dreadnought and a Grand Concert. The Grand Auditorium offers a full lower register, a clear midrange and a sparkle on the treble strings. The narrow waist of the GA sits comfortably in your lap. A narrow nut width, along with the Venetian cutaway, makes it easy to fret chords and notes. This popular body shape gets even better with the broad dynamic range from the solid Sitka spruce top. Paired with the layered rosewood back and sides, you’ll find that the 214ce Plus is a durable and receptive acoustic-electric.
Taylor ES2 electronics captures every nuanceTaylor’s professional-grade Electronic System 2 provides powerful amplification. This pickup system features three individually calibrated sensors that sit behind the saddle instead of under it. This unique positioning allows the bottom of the saddle to come in full contact with the bridge. Whether you prefer to play acoustically or plugged in, you’ll find the ES2 electronics open up a dynamic range of sound that captures the nuances of the 214ce Plus.
Upgraded appointments complete this 200 SeriesTaylor finished off this 214ce Plus acoustic-electric with premium appointments. Forward shifted pattern bracing offers resonance support. 18:1 nickel tuners, black binding, dot inlays and a gloss finish complete the upgrades. The 214ce Plus also includes an AeroCase to keep it protected anywhere you go.
A versatile Grand Auditorium with the worksPlayers have long loved the Taylor Grand Auditorium, and this upgraded 200 Series acoustic-electric is sure to please. No matter what your preferred style is, the 214ce Plus gives you clarity and balance with a beautiful Sitka spruce and rosewood pairing. If you’re looking to add a solid acoustic-electric to your collection, you’ll find advanced performance and design in the 214ce Plus.
- Sitka spruce top pairs beautifully with layered rosewood back and sides
- Taylor’s signature Grand Auditorium shape provides all-purpose tonal balance
- Taylor ES2 electronics boost tone and response
- Upgraded appointments advance performance
Explore this upgraded 200 Series Grand Auditorium. Order yours today.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Yes - Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Layered East Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard II Bracing (Forward Shift Pattern)
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1 11/16" (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Sapele
- Scale length: 25 1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional-Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Nickel Tuners with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Nubone Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Black Binding, Elixir Phosphor-Bronze Medium Gauge Strings
- Case: AeroCase
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.